Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I'd be interested to take a look at their home/away splits. Playing in this ballpark for half your games will inflate your offensive stats.
    And going on the road playing a ranked team is good for your RPI.

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Very disappointing pitching performance this weekend other than Langevin. We aren’t going to lose many games scoring 10 runs. This reminds me of what going deep into a regional would look like. I’m hoping we learn from this, because we’re going to see tougher teams if we make it deep into a regional at someone else’s home field.

I am still shocked that Coastal lost 7 league games the way they beat up everyone not named Langevin this weekend. I am too disappointed/lazy to look up their schedule right now to see who they lost to.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Very disappointing pitching performance this weekend other than Langevin. We aren’t going to lose many games scoring 10 runs. This reminds me of what going deep into a regional would look like. I’m hoping we learn from this, because we’re going to see tougher teams if we make it deep into a regional at someone else’s home field.

I am still shocked that Coastal lost 7 league games the way they beat up everyone not named Langevin this weekend. I am too disappointed/lazy to look up their schedule right now to see who they lost to.
    Our pitching was definitely weak this weekend, but I would take anything that happens in that ballpark with a grain of salt. Couple that with “tight zone” umpires and our defense having its worst weekend in some time, it was just nightmare fuel.

My biggest disappointment was that we completely folded to the situation yesterday, outside of Christie. Was much more pleased with the way we handled adversity today. Nothing to hang heads about. Win the rest of our series and hope we don’t wind up in College Station. I still think this is our team best set up to win a regional in some time.

Looked at their record and thought the same. Who the hell beat those bats?

We’re still in a good spot. Pitching against good hitting did not inspire confidence. Aside from LP.

They got into the base of their pen. I thought that was our chance, but they didn’t hit them. Also a concern.

Tough winning in that tiny park. A 3-2 week is fine. Not great. I think we learned a lot this weekend, though.

I am too disappointed/lazy to look up their schedule right now to see who they lost to.
    They are now 6-3 at home in conference play. Have won 2/3 each series (JMU, ODU, UL)

They lost 2 of 3 at App, and won 2 of 3 at ULM and Ga. Southern.

Coastal scores 10.88 at home and 7.3 on the road…. And they won at home a lot so don’t even bat in the 9th. Also had some run rules in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Coastal scores 10.88 at home and 7.3 on the road…. And they won at home a lot so don’t even bat in the 9th. Also had some run rules in there as well.
    There’s nothing wrong with admitting Cajuns are not a top 25 team right now. That was re-established this weekend. Team got fat off the weak part of the schedule.

Got exposed a little this weekend, but there’s no doubt in my mind potential for a successful postseason is there. Just need to be clicking at right time. We will be fine.

I saw a team that played their worst defense since Arkansas State series, got squeezed by umps in a hitter friendly park against an elite offense and nearly took the series at their place. Yea, I think we’re alright.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with admitting Cajuns are not a top 25 team right now. That was re-established this weekend. Team got fat off the weak part of the schedule.

Got exposed a little this weekend, but there’s no doubt in my mind potential for a successful postseason is there. Just need to be clicking at right time. We will be fine.
    Who thinks the Cajuns aren’t a top 25 team??

I’m not sure we watched the same series. Friday night, you’re spot on. Today, they split a DH with a top flight team, on the road in one of the toughest places to play outside of a handful of elite programs. This team absolutely showed they belong among the top teams in the country.

I’ll be surprised if they fall out of the top 20, much less the top 25

11. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Looked at their record and thought the same. Who the hell beat those bats?

We’re still in a good spot. Pitching against good hitting did not inspire confidence. Aside from LP.

They got into the base of their pen. I thought that was our chance, but they didn’t hit them. Also a concern.

Tough winning in that tiny park. A 3-2 week is fine. Not great. I think we learned a lot this weekend, though.
    I guess you didn’t watch Christie hold them to 1 run in 7.1 innings of performance.

12. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Watch baseball much?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m not sure we watched the same series. Friday night, you’re spot on. Today, they split a DH with a top flight team, on the road in one of the toughest places to play outside of a handful of elite programs. This team absolutely showed they belong among the top teams in the country.

I’ll be surprised if they fall out of the top 20, much less the top 25
    I couldn’t have said it better.

Coastal just held UNC to 4 runs and gave them their first home loss of the year. They definitely needed this series and were up for it and playing well coming in. Without the 2 errors in the first Friday this is a 26 inning war. I’d gladly play them again in any other ballpark. I actually feel better about the Cajuns after this weekend then I did before.

Christie pitched well Friday even though it wasn't under tremendous stress. He kept the score where it was to give us a prayer over 6 innings.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information