Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I don’t disagree regarding defense, and Higgs was 0-6 with 4 SOs in G1 and G2.

But he also kept us in the game in G3, with 2 HRs and 4 RBIs.

We appear to have depth in the OF, which is a good thing. Debate is just who should be out there the most, getting chances at the plate and in the field.
    I do think that Higgs should start every game as well (as he does)... LF seems to work well for him... We do have a lot of depth out there. Alexander handles CF well and probably makes those plays (mentioned above) as well... I just don't care for Higgs in CF as that can be a critical spot and both Alexander/Mandino are better defensively w/ more speed, IMHO. As a freshman, Mandino will be fun to watch over the next couple years as I can imagine him becoming our everyday CF and leadoff hitter. I'm not sure what Stelly was doing in the clean-up spot for G3 - but I don't know everything and I'm just a fan - so take it w/ a grain of salt.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I would like to see Mandino CF in all games. There were several balls - 2 in particular - that I think he gets to (one that dropped in front of Higgs - played off one bounce - and the other near the track in the RC gap) in order to record outs that Higgs couldn't get to... both led to CC runs. I think that what we lose at the plate with Mandino (power), we more than gain in defense, speed, and ability to lay down a good bunt. JMO.
    Man…I’ve been saying the outfield is our weakness for a while now. I completely agree with this post. Also, Luke U. is a major liability in RF.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Man…I’ve been saying the outfield is our weakness for a while now. I completely agree with this post. Also, Luke U. is a major liability in RF.
    The outfield was best with
    Higgs, Mandino, and Alexander
    Infield should be Cuff, Debarge, Taylor, and Lafleur/Pastore
    DH Amedee/Stelly

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    The outfield was best with
    Higgs, Mandino, and Alexander
    Infield should be Cuff, Debarge, Taylor, and Lafleur/Pastore
    DH Amedee/Stelly
    I’d add Luke U. to that DH role as well. Otherwise, I couldn’t agree more.

I’d also be ok with Zambo getting some DH time.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’m not sure we watched the same series. Friday night, you’re spot on. Today, they split a DH with a top flight team, on the road in one of the toughest places to play outside of a handful of elite programs. This team absolutely showed they belong among the top teams in the country.

I’ll be surprised if they fall out of the top 20, much less the top 25
    Honestly should just swap spots with coastal in the polls

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Honestly should just swap spots with coastal in the polls
    I was actually thinking that last night.

7. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

ULM, after getting stymied by former Southern Miss Friday night starter (Niko Mazza) for 6 1/3 innings, erupted for 3 in the 7th (after a walk and a HB by Mazza) and another run in the 8th. These runs came against the top trio of Mazza, Sivley, and Middleton. Middleton (97 mph fastball and a good slider) gave up an 8th inning double to plate the fourth run for the Warhawks (run charged to Kros Sivley).

The game is now in the B8th (Hattiesburg) with ULM trying to salvage a game in the series ... 4-1 ULM.

ULM winning this one will allow the Cajuns to enter next week with a four game lead in the Sun Belt standings (over Coastal Carolina, Southern Mississippi, and this afternoon's Game 3 winner of Troy/Georgia State).

Brian

8. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    ULM, after getting stymied by former Southern Miss Friday night starter (Niko Mazza) for 6 1/3 innings, erupted for 3 in the 7th (after a walk and a HB by Mazza) and another run in the 8th. These runs came against the top trio of Mazza, Sivley, and Middleton. Middleton (97 mph fastball and a good slider) gave up an 8th inning double to plate the fourth run for the Warhawks (run charged to Kros Sivley).

The game is now in the B8th (Hattiesburg) with ULM trying to salvage a game in the series ... 4-1 ULM.

ULM winning this one will allow the Cajuns to enter next week with a four game lead in the Sun Belt standings (over Coastal Carolina, Southern Mississippi, and this afternoon's Game 3 winner of Troy/Georgia State).
    ULM salvages a game in the series, winning today 5-1.

Brian

Troy 6-4 over GAST in the 6th.

10. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

I think Deggs knows what he is doing.

11. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

App State at Arkansas State game went offline after 4 hours (ESPN+) with the game tied 12-12 B10th ... ASU runner at second base and one out. Geez.

Brian

12. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

App State at Arkansas State game went offline after 4 hours (ESPN+) with the game tied 12-12 B10th ... ASU runner at second base and one out. Geez.
    Now they have reached the end of the 10th (double play ball after intentional walk) ... and it looks as if they hit the time limit (no new inning after X:XX pm).

Brian

Brian
    That means Cajuns should be in first at this time next weekend regardless of how Series vs Eagles turns out.

14. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

With Louisiana Tech taking 2/3 from DBU this weekend, they move into the RPI Top 60 at 56 ... giving the Cajuns a second Q1 win. Of course, LSU today moved into the RPI Top 40, giving the Cajuns another Q1 loss ... bringing their Q1 record to 2-4.

As the schedule sits at the moment, if nothing changes, the Cajuns have no more Q1 games through the remainder of the regular season. Georgia Southern is at #67 and Troy is at #71.

Brian

With Louisiana Tech taking 2/3 from DBU this weekend, they move into the RPI Top 60 at 56 ... giving the Cajuns a second Q1 win. Of course, LSU today moved into the RPI Top 40, giving the Cajuns another Q1 loss ... bringing their Q1 record to 2-4.

As the schedule sits at the moment, if nothing changes, the Cajuns have no more Q1 games through the remainder of the regular season. Georgia Southern is at #67 and Troy is at #71.

Brian
    I'm hoping James Madison somehow ends up as the 4 or 5 seed w/ the Cajuns as the #1 seed @ the conference tournament.... That would potentially give us a couple more Q1 games...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information