Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

1. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I do think that Higgs should start every game as well (as he does)... LF seems to work well for him... We do have a lot of depth out there. Alexander handles CF well and probably makes those plays (mentioned above) as well... I just don't care for Higgs in CF as that can be a critical spot and both Alexander/Mandino are better defensively w/ more speed, IMHO. As a freshman, Mandino will be fun to watch over the next couple years as I can imagine him becoming our everyday CF and leadoff hitter. I'm not sure what Stelly was doing in the clean-up spot for G3 - but I don't know everything and I'm just a fan - so take it w/ a grain of salt.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    ……Maybe Mandingo will be the first to wear Bermuda short pants!

2. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    With Louisiana Tech taking 2/3 from DBU this weekend, they move into the RPI Top 60 at 56 ... giving the Cajuns a second Q1 win.
    To give you an indication as to how arbitrary and silly the Quartile metrics are (as well as the over-emphasis of the disparity between home vs. road) ... the road win over Tech provides the Cajuns with a Q1 win. Meanwhile, the home loss to Tech results in a Q3 loss.

Brian

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Ugh, anyone gonna tell him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    NOOOOO000

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    A lot actually. Friday was a stinker…it happens. But they came back and competed hard on Saturday, and anyone following this team knew they would come back. Wish they could have closed it out but they didn’t.

Know this team can be a top 25 team, but the results aren’t there. What few opportunities they’ve had against the best, unfortunately fallen short. But they will be fine.
    D1Baseball poll is out

Coastal jumps from 19 to 13
    Cajuns drop from 14 to 17

To give you an indication as to how arbitrary and silly the Quartile metrics are (as well as the over-emphasis of the disparity between home vs. road) ... the road win over Tech provides the Cajuns with a Q1 win. Meanwhile, the home loss to Tech results in a Q3 loss.

Brian
    This is completely absurd.

Brian
    Doesn’t RPI already account for home, away, and neutral in the actual ranking itself?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    D1Baseball poll is out

Does Coastal have a schedule with enough top tier wins to be in the conversation for hosting a Regional?

Brian?

9. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Doesn’t RPI already account for home, away, and neutral in the actual ranking itself?
    Yes. It over-emphasizes road wins and home losses ... and vice-versa.

Brian

10. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Does Coastal have a schedule with enough top tier wins to be in the conversation for hosting a Regional?
    They are on the lower end, but in the discussion. Their Q1+Q2 record is a little weak 9-9, so that could use some improvement. They have plenty of solid opportunities down the stretch (before the Sun Belt Tournament) ... and not all Q1 opportunities are equal (i.e most are very winnable).

2 games at #49 Creighton this week
    3 games at #50 Southern Miss
    1 games vs. #6 Clemson

Brian,

Let’s say we win every series and get a few sweeps going forward (tough feat, but we are assuming just for this).

Then we go to the tournament and beat Coastal twice, Southern Miss once, and another team. (We had a similar tournament last year and jumped 20 spots, with one loss to CCU and one loss to USM).

Where do you think we would end up? I know there are several variables. But if you had to estimate

Brian,

Let’s say we win every series and get a few sweeps going forward (tough feat, but we are assuming just for this).

Then we go to the tournament and beat Coastal twice, Southern Miss once, and another team. (We had a similar tournament last year and jumped 20 spots, with one loss to CCU and one loss to USM).

Where do you think we would end up? I know there are several variables. But if you had to estimate
    For fun, make the other team JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    D1Baseball poll is out

Cajuns only fell from 15 to 16 in the coaches poll

14. UL Baseball Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 10, Coastal Carolina 12

Brian,

I can tell you exactly where they would finish in the context of the current RPI (all other things being equal).

But first ... if the Cajuns merely won every series (no sweeps), they would finish as the #1 seed with Coastal losing only one more conference game. It is highly doubtful that they sweep Troy, Southern Miss, Georgia State, and Marshall. This would mean that unless Coastal fell all the way to 4th or 5th (also seems doubtful), they would not be on the same side of the bracket as the Cajuns ... and thus could only play the Cajuns once in the Sun Belt Tournament. I know ... it is fun to beat Coastal twice in the Sun Belt Tournament and be fully responsible for their departure.

But let's play along with the max gain scenario ... including MountainDew's request for a JMU game. Going 10-4 the rest of the regular season (winning midweek games and going 8-4 in the final four conference series ... all winning 2/3) ... and beating James Madison (as the #8 seed), Coastal Carolina twice, and Southern Mississippi in the championship game would yield ...

14-4 record down the stretch for an overall 44-15 record
    #30 RPI ranking -> .57991 RPI, .53505 OWP, .52963 OOWP, .53324 SOS

Let's throw in a sweep of South Alabama and Southern Mississippi (sweeping at home would be the most optimal vs. dropping one at home and sweeping on the road) ...

16-2 record (46-13 overall)
    #20 RPI ranking -> .595057 RPI, .53505 OWP, .53072 OOWP, .53361 SOS

Now, running the table ...

18-0 record (48-11 overall)
    #15 RPI ranking -> .59850 RPI, .53505 OWP, .53215 OOWP, .53408 SOS

Note how the OWP remains constant in all three scenarios above ... while the OOWP increases slightly as the Cajuns' record down the stretch improves (and thus the SOS increases slightly). This is because the Cajuns' own W-L record contributes to its own OOWP ... but its OWP contribution from other teams is not affected.

Brian

Now, running the table ...

18-0 record (48-11 overall)
    #15 RPI ranking -> .59850 RPI, .53505 OWP, .53215 OOWP, .53408 SOS

Brian
    I vote we do this

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information