Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stadium construction pics

Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    So efficient that there won’t even be lights on the west side where construction is taking place. The new lights are bright enough to compensate.
    See post #51 in this thread. There will be lights on the west side, not sure how many but based on other posts.

2. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    See post #51 in this thread. There will be lights on the west side, not sure how many but based on other posts.
    There are at two light poles on the west side as well. Not sure what he’s talking about.

3. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

I looked at the detailed seat count from the Cajun Field master plan that was released a few years ago and roughly calculated that actual seating from the remaining East sideline and South end zone would be around 20,000 give or take. The North end zone grassy area would add possibly 4-5 thousand.
    24,000 to 25,000 max should be plenty for 2024.
    I do love the current plans for Cajun Field as it is a responsible step in planning for the future of the program.

4. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Texas state officially announces that Bobcat Stadium will be renamed to UFCU Stadium. 15-year, $26 million deal. Biggest stadium rights deal in the Sun Belt.

Need to renegotiate with OLOL
    It’s actually a 15 year 23 million deal. We have a 15 year 15 million deal. But your point is still the same. They have a better deal.

5. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Texas state officially announces that Bobcat Stadium will be renamed to UFCU Stadium. 15-year, $26 million deal. Biggest stadium rights deal in the Sun Belt.

Need to renegotiate with OLOL
    I'm struck by Texas State's ability to promote.
    Check out the upbeat promotial tone of the announcement.
    https://txst.com/news/2024/5/21/foot.rtnership.aspx

I may be off but compared to Texas State's announcement, Louisiana's announcement comes across a little more subdued.

Louisiana's announcement was between Napier's last two years.

UL marketing called OLOL's investment a "gift"
    https://louisiana.edu/news-events/ne.eld-renovation

TXST is also doing some additions to their south end zone. May be tied to this donation. I didn’t look into specifically what it was when I was there last week.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It’s actually a 15 year 23 million deal. We have a 15 year 15 million deal. But your point is still the same. They have a better deal.
    Yeah, I saw the TXST beat writer had corrected his 1st figure after I posted it

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    TXST is also doing some additions to their south end zone. May be tied to this donation. I didn’t look into specifically what it was when I was there last week.
    UFCU will TXST credit union with branches on campus with this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    No, I get that. I guess I didn’t make myself clear. What I’m saying is that for this upcoming season ONLY, the only lights on the west side will be the new ones in the corners. There will not be any temporary lights installed where construction is taking place.

The new lights currently being installed will be bright enough to compensate for those missing lights.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    $37M expansion of football operations including new locker rooms, training room, offices, breakout rooms, etc. Will connect the East and West concourses and have some premium end zone seating.

No photo, but the steel superstructure going up at the new entrance

I don’t know about y’all, but I am ready for some UL football. We have a lot of the team returning. Can’t wait to see Bill Davis work full time!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    No photo, but the steel superstructure going up at the new entrance
    Not sure what this is but I’m intrigued. I’ll have to go check it out this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    $37M expansion of football operations including new locker rooms, training room, offices, breakout rooms, etc. Will connect the East and West concourses and have some premium end zone seating.
    Premium end zone seating is almost always a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Premium end zone seating is almost always a bad idea
    I think it may be more of a party pavilion/deck. Haven’t seen any recent updates.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information