Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadium construction pics

1. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Why is the 70's Bush on the grass hill off limits to improvement. Them damn kids gosta go. Cut a horse shoe into it, cement it, face it with glass, fill with water and transplant the baddest f'n gator from Avery Island.
    That's a lot to digest, some 2040 memories waiting to happen.

Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Maybe they will cut the grass in the concrete.
    Lol. A little round up will take care of that

In all seriousness they are making the temporary press boxes look pretty nice for what they are. Hopefully they are actually temporary though

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It isn't maintained well, is a bit of an eyesore and it will take a serious injury to one kid to shut this down. Do more with it than just a play area. Build something that will generate revenue, add attractiveness to the stadium and get people to the game, not just seats or a kid's play area.
    I would love it if the hill went away, make our stadium more of an actual horseshoe. Have an elevated walkway that connects the home and student side that runs under the scoreboard, but otherwise make it so that you can see out to Congress St., the Egg, etc. Put a prime in-stadium tailgate area below it if you don't want empty space. Or a visitor's locker room. But I'm not a big fan of the hill itself, babysitter though it may be.

4. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Legend has it that if you use it for anything else Lafayette will flood, metaphorically speaking of course.

Its a symbolic levee protecting the surrounding area from "The Swamp"

Work site inside stadium looks Excellent. Haven't passed outside lately but these pics inside are a good sign. Might have to get a Natty Light truck to stop by one afternoon.

6. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Lol. A little round up will take care of that

In all seriousness they are making the temporary press boxes look pretty nice for what they are. Hopefully they are actually temporary though
    I really like the trailer park lattice skirting they are using on the temporary press boxes. Gives off a Ruston vibe…

The stadium is great and I’m glad it’s finally happening…

But does it even matter anymore. With the current state of college athletics, we will never rise above where we are right now. It’s a sad reality but it is what it is.

8. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

But does it even matter anymore. With the current state of college athletics, we will never rise above where we are right now. It’s a sad reality but it is what it is.
    seeing the light

The temporary press boxes are just that…temporary. For anyone to think otherwise is pretty shortsighted.

10. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

I will enjoy sports wherever the rest of the world lands.

Won't stop me from coming up with generic ideas though.

11. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I will enjoy sports wherever the rest of the world lands.

Won't stop me from coming up with generic ideas though.
    touché

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post

It was always this way. We had dreams, but they were just that. SMU is the last school to make the jump, and they made a gazillion dollar deal to buy their way back in that nobody else is capable of making.

What we need to do is change the "current state". We need to get all of the FBS schools not in the Big 4 conferences and all of the FCS, together in one room with the NCAA, and design a new level of collegiate football that includes all of these schools reorganized by region and go to a Promotion/Relegation model for football.

It would be a game changer for fan re-engagement.

13. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    The temporary press boxes are just that…temporary. For anyone to think otherwise is pretty shortsighted.
    Gotta find something to shat upon. Some people never change and never seem happy.

14. Default Re: Stadium construction pics

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Gotta find something to shat upon. Some people never change and never seem happy.
    I never thought there would a post where I would agree 100% with you . . . and there it is . . . Cheese for all the Shatters . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    And some people have their heads so far up the administrations rectum, that it’s all sunshine and rainbows.

When 100% complete we will have a very nice stadium and something to be proud of.

But, here’s the deal, this renovation was desperately needed in order to keep the stadium from being condemned within the next 5 years. The fees and RCAF donations required to sit in the upper deck are tremendous. Very few if any families, and maybe a few individuals will have seats in the club seating.

We “had” a blue collar fan base and we are trying to recruit “corporate/white collar” fans to replace them.

Some will say you have to pay to play, well for 4 seats in club seating it’s $7,800 per season. What value are we getting out of that in today’s landscape?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information