Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Voodoo

UL Football Louisiana Voodoo

Default Re: Louisiana Voodoo

Will fail

I do like the team name

First games in a week?? Dang that’s quick.

Reminder the 3rd annual Fin Feather Fur Food Festival is Thursday April 25th at Blackham Coliseum. Festival supports the Steve Gleason Foundation effort to raise funds to improve the lives of ALS patients. It will be interesting to see how the work to prepare the Coliseum for the game will have to work around the festival.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Voodoo

The Lake Charles Civic Center is being remodeled, (took longer than expected) and simply isn't ready.

Blackham to the rescue.

If the ticket prices are the same as what it was going to be in Lake Charles, expect 10's of people in attendance.

It would be in the Cajundome if they really wanted indoor football to work here.
    Basketball should be played in an arena the size of Blackham and IF should be played in an arena the size of the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The Lake Charles Civic Center is being remodeled, (took longer than expected) and simply isn't ready.

Blackham to the rescue.
    Pretty sure this is false. The Globetrotters played there recently

The lease was signed (I can send to you if you want). There is an issue with playing dates. Contract called for 5 games and exhibition, and their schedule is 7.

Lake Charles and ASM have been skeptical of the AFL and the Voodoo from the start. And rightly so, look at their organizations. Vooodoo hasn’t announced an owner (it was rumored to be Lil Wayne and I had that confirmed by a few people). An LLC reservation was filed just two weeks ago. No general manager. No director of media relations. No ticket guy. No structure except for a guy named James Shiver (who is the AD and football coach at St. Edmonds) and a few of his assistants. He had an assistant out trying to sell sponsorships in LC.

Look at the AFL and Voodoo’s social media and website. It’s not professional at all. It’s a complete amateur operation other than the NFL network being on board to televise some select games.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It would be in the Cajundome if they really wanted indoor football to work here.
    Basketball should be played in an arena the size of Blackham and IF should be played in an arena the size of the CD.
    The only reason why the Wildcatters didn’t return in 2011 was the cost of workers comp insurance.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    The only reason why the Wildcatters didn’t return in 2011 was the cost of workers comp insurance.
    That is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I worked for the owner in college

He had the starting QB moving furniture at his house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I worked for the owner in college

He had the starting QB moving furniture at his house lol.
    I was involved. That team had more of an organization than the current Voodoo. It’s comical.

14. Default Re: Louisiana Voodoo

Lafayette is a town that loves "free stuff."

The Wildcatters made a huge push to put people in the dome and succeeded in getting around 7,000 in attendance.

Greg Davis passed by me as the game was starting and I said isn't it a miracle, the attendance.

He looked at me with a sad face and said

"I believe about 186 paid to be here. That includes season tickets."

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana Voodoo

They're still doing arena ball!?! I thought that league died when the Voodoo left New Orleans.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information