Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 15, SLU 5

Default Re: 14 Cajuns @ SLU

Morher____er

Yeesh.

What the ____ were y'all waiting on? The grand slam?

You have got to be kidding me. We should be on the bus.

I wonder if Leger might take Moody out now.

I don't understand why you'd take Marshall out after 1 inning

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. We should be on the bus.
    Our 1-3 pitching staff is probably one of the best in the country.

4-5/6 pretty solid guys

7-10 I don't know what the praise is for these guys as they have all struggled.

I always hear Jay talking about how 1-10 this may be the deepest staff we've had. I just don't see it.

If you told me Hammer would have to come in, I’d say you’re crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post

4-5/6 pretty solid guys

I always hear Jay talking about how 1-10 this may be the deepest staff we've had. I just don't see it.
    We are.. deggs just trying to elevate and get some practice for our non consistent pitchers.

What are the dimensions for that park? 300 all the way around?

4-5/6 pretty solid guys

We pretty solid 10 deep, 11 really. Moody just isn’t in that top 11

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Correct

14. UL Baseball Re: 14 Cajuns @ SLU

4-5/6 pretty solid guys

What are you talking about? We have nine guys with significant innings pitched all with ERAs of under 4.

Then we have Jack Martinez that can be very good when his command is there ... and if it is not, you go somewhere else. His OBA is .210. Stuff is nasty when on.

Then you have Blake McGehee who had some struggles when he had a hand injury. But that has now healed and he threw very well the last time out. Anyone that knows anything about pitching can see the talent here. He also has the genes ... saw his Dad pitch at La Tech and then subsequently in MLB.

That is 11 that I trust ... and 9 with excellent numbers. And the guy with the 9th best numbers may have the best or second best stuff on the staff ... and has found his groove (Etheridge).

Are they going to be All-Conference every time they step on the hill? No. But this is an excellent staff that is very deep.

Moody is struggling and was the one that gave up the 6. I do not have a problem with the performance of any of the other pitchers tonight ... on the road.

An ERA of 3.35 coming into tonight's game? Salty. That does not happen without a deep staff unless you overtax your arms. With not a single pitcher at 50 innings thus far this season, that means you are forming that ERA with a lot of arms (deep) partitioning the load.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    What are you talking about? We have nine guys with significant innings pitched all with ERAs of under 4.

Then we have Jack Martinez that can be very good when his command is there ... and if it is not, you go somewhere else. His OBA is .210. Stuff is nasty when on.

Then you have Blake McGehee who had some struggles when he had a hand injury. But that has now healed and he threw very well the last time out. Anyone that knows anything about pitching can see the talent here. He also has the genes ... saw his Dad pitch at La Tech and then subsequently in MLB.

That is 11 that I trust ... and 9 with excellent numbers. And the guy with the 9th best numbers may have the best or second best stuff on the staff ... and has found his groove (Etheridge).

Are they going to be All-Conference every time they step on the hill? No. But this is an excellent staff that is very deep.

Moody is struggling and was the one that gave up the 6. I do not have a problem with the performance of any of the other pitchers tonight ... on the road.

An ERA of 3.35 coming into tonight's game? Salty. That does not happen without a deep staff unless you overtax your arms. With not a single pitcher at 50 innings thus far this season, that means you are forming that ERA with a lot of arms (deep) partitioning the load.

Brian

Brian for the grand slam walk off!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information