Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 15, SLU 5

Default Re: 14 Cajuns @ SLU

Morgan has numbers so far that look better than Gunner's Jr. year. Our team ERA is a whole run better than the 2nd best in tge league.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    What are you talking about? We have nine guys with significant innings pitched all with ERAs of under 4.

Then we have Jack Martinez that can be very good when his command is there ... and if it is not, you go somewhere else. His OBA is .210. Stuff is nasty when on.

Then you have Blake McGehee who had some struggles when he had a hand injury. But that has now healed and he threw very well the last time out. Anyone that knows anything about pitching can see the talent here. He also has the genes ... saw his Dad pitch at La Tech and then subsequently in MLB.

That is 11 that I trust ... and 9 with excellent numbers. And the guy with the 9th best numbers may have the best or second best stuff on the staff ... and has found his groove (Etheridge).

Are they going to be All-Conference every time they step on the hill? No. But this is an excellent staff that is very deep.

Moody is struggling and was the one that gave up the 6. I do not have a problem with the performance of any of the other pitchers tonight ... on the road.

An ERA of 3.35 coming into tonight's game? Salty. That does not happen without a deep staff unless you overtax your arms. With not a single pitcher at 50 innings thus far this season, that means you are forming that ERA with a lot of arms (deep) partitioning the load.

Brian
    Team ERA of 3.35 is 4th in the country, I’d say that’s pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    What are you talking about? We have nine guys with significant innings pitched all with ERAs of under 4.

Then we have Jack Martinez that can be very good when his command is there ... and if it is not, you go somewhere else. His OBA is .210. Stuff is nasty when on.

Then you have Blake McGehee who had some struggles when he had a hand injury. But that has now healed and he threw very well the last time out. Anyone that knows anything about pitching can see the talent here. He also has the genes ... saw his Dad pitch at La Tech and then subsequently in MLB.

That is 11 that I trust ... and 9 with excellent numbers. And the guy with the 9th best numbers may have the best or second best stuff on the staff ... and has found his groove (Etheridge).

Are they going to be All-Conference every time they step on the hill? No. But this is an excellent staff that is very deep.

Moody is struggling and was the one that gave up the 6. I do not have a problem with the performance of any of the other pitchers tonight ... on the road.

An ERA of 3.35 coming into tonight's game? Salty. That does not happen without a deep staff unless you overtax your arms. With not a single pitcher at 50 innings thus far this season, that means you are forming that ERA with a lot of arms (deep) partitioning the load.

Brian
    If that's the case why do you bring in your top weekend reliever to finish off a mid week game? I also don't know if I would consider 14, 16, 17 innings significant compared to the low 40s of some of the others

Who gets the start tomorrow? McGeehee I would think...

I'm sure Marshall was pulled after one inning to keep him fresh for the weekend.

Is Warren Nolan slow or something? Feels like there’s no way ODU beats the #10 RPI team in the country and doesn’t move up a single spot.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    If that's the case why do you bring in your top weekend reliever to finish off a mid week game? I also don't know if I would consider 14, 16, 17 innings significant compared to the low 40s of some of the others
    This was basically a bullpen for him. He threw 15 pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    This was basically a bullpen for him. He threw 15 pitches.
    I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here. I was referring to our 4th, 7th and 9th guys era rating. This year they have pitched that many innings each respectivly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Team ERA of 3.35 is 4th in the country, I’d say that’s pretty good.
    If you take 1-6 we are first. I was suggesting 7-10 if you take just there averages, where does it place us?

If you take 1-6 we are first. I was suggesting 7-10 if you take just there averages, where does it place us?
    I don’t know, why don’t you take every other teams 7-10 also? You not gonna have sub 2 ERA’s 1-10..nobody does. We are 4th in the country and we haven’t overthrown anyone.

Hammer is our top weekend closer? I think that spot may belong to a certain Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Hammer is our top weekend closer? I think that spot may belong to a certain Canadian
    Didn't he come in tonight. I was following on the stats and thought I saw his name.

You should probably listen to the pregame interview with Deggs before the games. Langevin was slated to throw tonight, as well as Holzhammer and Christie….by design.

And if you don’t think this Cajuns staff is “deep” you may not have much of a clue about college baseball. Having a couple good starters and a good couple of relievers and you have a good college staff. Being able to use 3 different SETS of relievers behind 3 excellent starters gives you one of the deepest staffs in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    LP!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    You should probably listen to the pregame interview with Deggs before the games. Langevin was slated to throw tonight, as well as Holzhammer and Christie….by design.

And if you don’t think this Cajuns staff is “deep” you may not have much of a clue about college baseball. Having a couple good starters and a good couple of relievers and you have a good college staff. Being able to use 3 different SETS of relievers behind 3 excellent starters gives you one of the deepest staffs in the country.
    Another grand slam win!!!

To the point of depth…

The EIGHT pitchers that have thrown more than 20 innings this year have combined numbers of:

26-7 record
    14 saves
    2.75 ERA

And that doesn’t include Marshall, Cash and McGehee.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information