Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Transfer Kyron Mims

UL Football New Transfer Kyron Mims

Transfers from Ball State

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: New Transfer Kyron Mims

Looks like Pat Mensah played a part in getting him here.

A big body for DL, 1 year of eligibility.

One thing i cant ever understand is why recruits never call us UL or Louisiana on twitter....I know we won the name game but this one always bothered me...especially the local high school recruits....

5. Default Re: New Transfer Kyron Mims

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    One thing i cant ever understand is why recruits never call us UL or Louisiana on twitter....I know we won the name game but this one always bothered me...especially the local high school recruits....
    The recruiters are not using the proper name.

It's not an area they are trained in when they hire on from parts unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The recruiters are not using the proper name.

It's not an area they are trained in when they hire on from parts unknown.
    Then train them. Educate them on the university. Don't just send them out. We are sometimes our own worse enemies.

It is one I could never figure out. I could see if the school was once called ULL and old habits are hard to break like my grandfathers generation and SLI. But it was never referred to as that.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    It is one I could never figure out. I could see if the school was once called ULL and old habits are hard to break like my grandfathers generation and SLI. But it was never referred to as that.
    Other coaches that are recruiting these kids are telling them not to go to “ull, Lafayette, ulala etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Other coaches that are recruiting these kids are telling them not to go to “ull, Lafayette, ulala etc…
    On the other hand I’ve seen the majority saying Louisiana. I actually find the name referencing is worse for baseball.

Yeah well, obviously our recruiters are winning out and they should be conditioning the kids on our name

Kyron on the chyron???

This.

13. Default Re: New Transfer Kyron Mims

There remain a large portion of even our alumni who are naive to fact that ULL is not only a prohibited reference for Louisiana but that the use thereof actually sets the naming goal and university branding back every time it is used. There is no malice and there is no agenda it their use of that acronym to reference our university, it’s pure naivety.

A couple of weeks ago I saw where an acquaintance with two degrees (one from Louisiana) posted a very pro Louisiana post on Facebook supporting Louisiana but referencing them with that acronym. I sent her a polite text and her response was “very sorry, I have seen that every where and thought it was an acceptable reference. Thanks for the heads up.”

Another example was shown in the Acadiana Cane Cutters announcement of Louisiana players. It was found that the reference went out and was prepared by staff with absolutely no ill will or agenda involved. Again it was corrected and hopefully that correction will create good will with Cajun fans and cause them to take in a game or two or ten, enjoy
    Some summer baseball and have a beverage or two.

This is still a marathon and not a sprint. If the faithful continue to address this in a civil way, one at a time, to those who are merely naive, it will get better and better in the long run.

If we crucify the naive, it will only get worse.

And of course, there will always be those with an agenda, but at some point they will be recognized by the general public as the petty people that they are. We are just not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Then train them. Educate them on the university. Don't just send them out. We are sometimes our own worse enemies.
    Sometimes?

Houston just had 10+ enter portal. Any on our radar??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information