Thread: Texas State Retrospect

UL Softball Texas State Retrospect

I know we are all a little upset about not getting the sweep at Texas State.

We should be; we are fans.

Having said that, upon further examination, we are not really looking at this past weekend in the correct way. Sure, we didn't sweep. Then again, we DID win 2 of 3 against a Top 25 team which has 8 wins against Power Conference teams in a true road series. Looking at the Power Conference teams on our schedule, only Texas, who swept Baylor, did better. AND the Horns were at home for that, AND they were playing a team on a downward spiral.

The proper perspective on the weekend is that, while the outcome was not what we wanted, every person with an interest in college softball who is not a Cajun fan would say we had a pretty darn good weekend.

I believe they are right.

Default Re: Texas State Retrospect

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I know we are all a little upset about not getting the sweep at Texas State.

We should be; we are fans.

Having said that, upon further examination, we are not really looking at this past weekend in the correct way. Sure, we didn't sweep. Then again, we DID win 2 of 3 against a Top 25 team which has 8 wins against Power Conference teams in a true road series. Looking at the Power Conference teams on our schedule, only Texas, who swept Baylor, did better. AND the Horns were at home for that, AND they were playing a team on a downward spiral.

The proper perspective on the weekend is that, while the outcome was not what we wanted, every person with an interest in college softball who is not a Cajun fan would say we had a pretty darn good weekend.

I believe they are right.
    Agreed

Default Re: Texas State Retrospect

I didn't like being shut out in game 3, but you make a good point in taking 2 of 3 from a top 25 opponent, at their place. Mullins is very good also and all the balls bounced their way on Sunday.

Thread Information