Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Marshall 0

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Marshall 0

If we run away with the regular season and win the tourney, I don’t care what our rpi is, like turbine was saying, we deserve to host.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    What was our RPI last year on selection day?
    It was 47th and the lowest RPI rated team chosen by the committee.

Like it or not both hosting and at-large selections have historically been closely aligned with the RPI. Since the tournament expanded to 64 teams it has been extremely rare to have teams host with an RPI higher than 22 at the time of selection.

Worst rpi to host in last three years is Texas AM at 22 in 2022 (our regional).

Before that, I think UCLA hosted as a Pac 12 champion in 2011 as a 34. I don’t think there has been one higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    What was our RPI last year on selection day?
    We went from 67 on Monday of conference tournament week to 47 on Memorial Day.

Cajuns are currently 55 in the rpi. There are 19 teams ahead of them with losing records in conference. Notre dame 2 wins Auburn 2 wins lsu 3 wins ole miss 5 wins. To name a few. Either the rpi is flawed or it’s flawed. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cajuns are currently 55 in the rpi. There are 19 teams ahead of them with losing records in conference. Notre dame 2 wins Auburn 2 wins lsu 3 wins ole miss 5 wins. To name a few. Either the rpi is flawed or it’s flawed. Haha
    Every system will be flawed

But at the same time, there’s six weeks until the Memorial Day Selection Show.

Cajuns should move up after feasting 11-1 on the bottom four of the SBC. Just have to keep winning.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Cajuns should move up after feasting 11-1 on the bottom four of the SBC. Just have to keep winning.
    Is there a rule in place that a team has to finish .500 or better in conference to qualify for the ncaa tourney??? Am I making that up??

Is there a rule in place that a team has to finish .500 or better in conference to qualify for the ncaa tourney??? Am I making that up??
    No rule. Just look at the SEC every year.

10. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Marshall 0

They must have an overall winning record.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    They must have an overall winning record.

Brian
    Notre dame, UConn, Xavier, Florida, Auburn, and boston college are all ahead of us in rpi and around the .500 mark.

That just amazes me that 2 big east team(Xavier and UConn) are both below .500 and ahead of us in rpi this far into the season.

Ragin pagin will have to have a winning record rpi watch near the end of the season.

We are six weeks away from the selection show, that is A LOT of baseball to be played. I will start really looking into it on 5/13. We will only have one more weekend of regular season left and then you can really delve into the details and scenarios.

If we perform really well over the next four weeks, I believe we will put ourselves into the hosting conversation. If we don't, then we don't belong in the conversation.

13. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Marshall 0

Notre dame, UConn, Xavier, Florida, Auburn, and boston college are all ahead of us in rpi and around the .500 mark.

That just amazes me that 2 big east team(Xavier and UConn) are both below .500 and ahead of us in rpi this far into the season.
    I have been critical of this (not emphasizing winning enough ... just over 25% of formula) and many other RPI flaws for nearly 20 years now. The only movement we got was with NCAA softball, thus far.

Brian

I have been critical of this (not emphasizing winning enough ... just over 25% of formula) and many other RPI flaws for nearly 20 years now. The only movement we got was with NCAA softball, thus far.

Brian
    50% is opponents records and they’re all affected by us beating or sweeping them.

Marshall is the only conference team we’ve played that wouldn’t be above .500 if we didn’t play them.

Edit. ASU would be 16-18 if you take out our games. 17-20 currently.

Brian

Are you stating that the RPI formula used for college baseball and softball are different? If so, that’s a head scratcher for sure.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information