Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Marshall 0

Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    He can rest some people mid-week. But resting some today almost came back to bite.
    Yeah I get it’s a conference game but What’s worst for our rpi? Losing to Marshall or losing to SLU? I have no clue but maybe that has a factor in it?

2. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Marshall

Anyone have any thoughts on where this Cajuns pitching staff ranks between other Cajuns staffs? It’s got top be pretty high up there

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yeah I get it’s a conference game but What’s worst for our rpi? Losing to Marshall or losing to SLU? I have no clue but maybe that has a factor in it?
    Conference is most important for Cajuns winning the conference.

RPI raw number would be the same - regardless of WHO you beat at home (in this example) or WHO you lose to (at home)... Raw number (which determines rank) is calculated by your own WP (more weight given to home losses and road wins and less weight given to home wins and road losses), Opponents WP, and Opponents Opponents WP. That's it.

So - if the Cajuns end up losing at home to SLU Wednesday (with a win vs Marshall today)... Compare that to the opposite loss vs Marshall today and win vs SLU on Wednesday. RPI raw number is the same. Doesn't matter.

Same if we had beaten Tech this past Wednesday and dropped one vs Marshall vs what we did... RPI raw number would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on where this Cajuns pitching staff ranks between other Cajuns staffs? It’s got top be pretty high up there
    Top to bottom it’s the deepest I’ve seen since the Buddy Glass years. Quite possibly the deepest ever.

Conference is most important for Cajuns winning the conference.

RPI raw number would be the same - regardless of WHO you beat at home (in this example) or WHO you lose to (at home)... Raw number (which determines rank) is calculated by your own WP (more weight given to home losses and road wins and less weight given to home wins and road losses), Opponents WP, and Opponents Opponents WP. That's it.

So - if the Cajuns end up losing at home to SLU Wednesday (with a win vs Marshall today)... Compare that to the opposite loss vs Marshall today and win vs SLU on Wednesday. RPI raw number is the same. Doesn't matter.

Same if we had beaten Tech this past Wednesday and dropped one vs Marshall vs what we did... RPI raw number would be the same.
    Good stuff. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Top to bottom it’s the deepest I’ve seen since the Buddy Glass years. Quite possibly the deepest ever.
    Better bullpen this year. Hunter, Danny, Jason Fernandez and Buddy were a strong rotation. Our bullpen this year is better, and I think could make the difference postseason.

Chase Morgan is more dominant and only a freshman. He reminds me of Gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Uhhhh we're going to close out an important game with Martinez?
    Shut up

8. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Shut up
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Better bullpen this year. Hunter, Danny, Jason Fernandez and Buddy were a strong rotation. Our bullpen this year is better, and I think could make the difference postseason.

Chase Morgan is more dominant and only a freshman. He reminds me of Gunner.
    That is fair. I just remember that staff being dominant and one of the lowest ERAs that year. That was the aTm Regional? I remember Glass just didn’t have his stuff down the stretch that season.

10. Default Re: BB G3: Louisiana vs Marshall

That is fair. I just remember that staff being dominant and one of the lowest ERAs that year. That was the aTm Regional? I remember Glass just didn’t have his stuff down the stretch that season.
    As he replies to Glass’ dad

There were 4 starters under 2 ERA most of the year 2006. 2007 all season Buddy was working around an arm side shoulder injury from a car wreck in the fall. Ran outta gas at the end in College Station. Never was the same after.

He can rest some people mid-week. But resting some today almost came back to bite.
    Almost only counts in hand grenades and horse shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Almost only counts in hand grenades and horse shoes!
    Thank you. You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Shut up
    Exactly.

This whole wknd I'm thinking about our Friday Night crowd for the start of Coastal series. Nope, wrong time zone.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information