Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Default Re: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yep. The percentage of athletes being able to move on to the NFL, and especially move on and have a career longer that 2-3 seasons, is extremely low. I'm afraid way too many are going to end up with nothing academically to show for it, and their prospects for making a living to support themselves and a family afterwards will be greatly diminished.
    So the next question is…

Is this the death of the APR rule?

2. Default Re: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Fans can't control the logic of athletes.
    From your past posts you seem to view everthing from a control point of view, I see it more as recognizing and commenting whats really going on. I don't read any fans trying to control things.

3. Default Re: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Quote Originally Posted by AboveAverage View Post
    From your past posts you seem to view everthing from a control point of view, I see it more as recognizing and commenting whats really going on. I don't read any fans trying to control things.
    It matters not whether the logic is flawless from the fans pov or from the players pov, fans can control neither. So not too sure what's your point.

4. Default Re: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Sharing again because it’s so powerful.
    The way people view you.
    Sometimes I think about the different characters I play in everybody’s story.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    I’m a terrible person in some people's narratives and a Godsend in others.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    And none of it has anything to do with the person I truly am.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    The lens that others view you through is coloured by their upbringing, beliefs, and individual experiences.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people see your bright personality as endearing and others see it as annoying.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people think you’re weak and emotional and others feel safe to be themselves around you.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people think you’re rude and selfish and others respect the way you stand up for yourself.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people admire the way you take pride in the way you look and others think you’re conceited.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    And none of it has to do with who you truly are as a person.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    What you have to understand is that you have no authority over how people view you so never try to control the way others see you because the only thing that truly matters when the dust settles down at the end of the day is what you genuinely see in yourself.
    ~Cody Bret

Sharing again because it’s so powerful.
    The way people view you.
    Sometimes I think about the different characters I play in everybody’s story.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    I’m a terrible person in some people's narratives and a Godsend in others.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    And none of it has anything to do with the person I truly am.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    The lens that others view you through is coloured by their upbringing, beliefs, and individual experiences.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people see your bright personality as endearing and others see it as annoying.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people think you’re weak and emotional and others feel safe to be themselves around you.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people think you’re rude and selfish and others respect the way you stand up for yourself.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Some people admire the way you take pride in the way you look and others think you’re conceited.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    And none of it has to do with who you truly are as a person.
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    What you have to understand is that you have no authority over how people view you so never try to control the way others see you because the only thing that truly matters when the dust settles down at the end of the day is what you genuinely see in yourself.
    ~Cody Bret
    Wow Vic, since when are you so philosophical??

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So the next question is…

Is this the death of the APR rule?
    Here's the answer...

Council changes transfer rules, permits immediate eligibility for transfers who are academically eligible/in good standing at prev. school & meet progress-toward-degree requirements at new school.

Vote next Monday. Basically, transfer when you want to providing you are in good standing.

Levi Lewis was always going to get a degree, that is why he did not participate in multiple transfers.

The players who take the course of MacDowell and keep transferring probably never had any intention on ever getting a degree.

So to say that is a bad tract because they won’t get a degree is a fools analysis.

Stay on course as diversions mean nothing.
    I bet that the majority of those athletes who continue to transfer from school to school and/or seek only how much NIL money they can pocket, will likely not graduate. If they do, it is highly unlikely they will graduate with a meaningful degree. Then, when their playing days are over and they have to enter the real world and get a real job, they will more than likely be making a fairly low salary and begin _____ing that the world is unfair and they are being left behind. Then some of them will work the system to get government assistance and start collecting money via our taxes from some of the same people that funded their NIL payments when they were young and were put on a pedestal by fans who had extra money to throw away.

I really want to continue being a fan, and support the program via traditional methods. However, I refuse to contribute to any collective or other form of monetary support of NIL payments! Especially when there is still no guarantee that the athlete receiving the payment will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I bet that the majority of those athletes who continue to transfer from school to school and/or seek only how much NIL money they can pocket, will likely not graduate. If they do, it is highly unlikely they will graduate with a meaningful degree. Then, when their playing days are over and they have to enter the real world and get a real job, they will more than likely be making a fairly low salary and begin _____ing that the world is unfair and they are being left behind. Then some of them will work the system to get government assistance and start collecting money via our taxes from some of the same people that funded their NIL payments when they were young and were put on a pedestal by fans who had extra money to throw away.

I really want to continue being a fan, and support the program via traditional methods. However, I refuse to contribute to any collective or other form of monetary support of NIL payments! Especially when there is still no guarantee that the athlete receiving the payment will stay.
    That’s the next class action from the player’s down the road. The Dexter Manley claim, universities failed to educate.

Book it, going from major bucks to riding the back of a garbage truck is a hard pill to swallow for the 15 minutes of fame.

I figure the administration will start the “welcome to the working world” as mandatory video; the NCAA video put out years ago about the odds of making pro ball. Liability reduction.

There is no advanced level of football of any kind for post HS that doesn't include college. Some athletes dont need nor want traditional college degrees. Advanced Tradesmen skills need to be added into curriculum. World needs plumbers, mechanics and electricians etc too.

Why 100% force traditional degrees upon ALL athletes?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    There is no advanced level of football of any kind for post HS that doesn't include college. Some athletes dont need nor want traditional college degrees. Advanced Tradesmen skills need to be added into curriculum. World needs plumbers, mechanics and electricians etc too.

Why 100% force traditional degrees upon ALL athletes?
    Because construction trades are hiring guys daily for on the job training. There’s no demand for such.

There was a survey a few decades back. The average age of a master plumber and electrician nationally were both in the mid 50s.

Been telling young men for years…go do your apprenticeship, save your money while learning, watch your boss and learn right and wrong, have your own shop by 40.

It matters not whether the logic is flawless from the fans pov or from the players pov, fans can control neither. So not too sure what's your point.
    But yet you think that things posted here affect the athletes as you've previously posted

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Wow Vic, since when are you so philosophical??
    NOBODY thinks you are a godsend

Was at an event Des spoke at a few weeks ago. Apparently, he was on the old Delphi board when he played. Spoke of how he had a good game, everyone loved him. Followed that with a bad game, board was not so kind.

He avoided the board after that.

I’m sure he wasn’t the first, or the last.

14. Default Re: Clifton McDowell transfers.......again

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Was at an event Des spoke at a few weeks ago. Apparently, he was on the old Delphi board when he played. Spoke of how he had a good game, everyone loved him. Followed that with a bad game, board was not so kind.

He avoided the board after that.

I’m sure he wasn’t the first, or the last.
    Good game/bad game reactions must be why he didn't tailgate much after games like some other players.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    NOBODY thinks you are a godsend
    Well thanks a lot, no reason to diss me like that lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information