Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Marshall 0

Default Re: BSB vs MARSHA GM 2

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Trahan was excellent. Debarge is firmly in the conversation for the best player (regardless of position) in Cajuns history.
    I think he has a decent chance of a nice Lucroyish MLB career.

Trahan was excellent. Debarge is firmly in the conversation for the best player (regardless of position) in Cajuns history.
    Does that include Louisiana Lightning [3]?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I think he has a decent chance of a nice Lucroyish MLB career.
    He'll bring national exposure to our camp when he becomes a starting SS in the big show.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Does that include Louisiana Lightning [3]?
    It’s hard to include pitchers and position players. It’s also difficult with just position players because there are so many variables. The talent in college baseball is much better right now than its ever been (for a myriad of reasons), the equipment (bats and balls) that guys have used in different eras is vastly different, and the level of competition that teams have played in different eras also varies.

Speaking strictly of position players, and leaning more toward guys that played more than a year or two, I’d say the list (in no particular order) would include names like Papo Ramos, Nathan Nelson, Jonathon Lucroy, Jace Conrad, Carson Roccaforte, and Kyle Debarge. And arguments could certainly be made for many others.

But the point is, Debo is definitely in the conversation.

It’s hard to include pitchers and position players. It’s also difficult with just position players because there are so many variables. The talent in college baseball is much better right now than its ever been (for a myriad of reasons), the equipment (bats and balls) that guys have used in different eras is vastly different, and the level of competition that teams have played in different eras also varies.

Speaking strictly of position players, and leaning more toward guys that played more than a year or two, I’d say the list (in no particular order) would include names like Papo Ramos, Nathan Nelson, Jonathon Lucroy, Jace Conrad, Carson Roccaforte, and Kyle Debarge. And arguments could certainly be made for many others.

Absolutely.

Most definitely. It’s a privilege to be able to watch him play and he is only getting better The smoothness and ease that he plays the game is awesome to watch and he is only getting better. I certainly have a man crush on Debo

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    He'll bring national exposure to our camp when he becomes a starting SS in the big show.
    He will never be that. JMO.

Hayden Cantrell is still in the minors I don’t think Nate Papo or Jace hung around that long in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Hayden Cantrell is still in the minors I don’t think Nate Papo or Jace hung around that long in the minors.
    I’m talking about Cajuns players while they were…Cajuns players.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You are forgetting about the politics/realities of baseball. If he is a 2nd rd pick or better, he will be in the big leagues.

Not sure where he’s projected currently, but that’s almost as important as talent nowadays.

Default Re: BB G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Marshall 0

And then of course, if he continues this trend and is 2nd rounder or better, will his career as SS here warrant him his #24 being placed on the wall? I think that is the metric which answers the question. Can Debo have his # put on the wall. Not yet but definitely the leading contender ever since my first day on campus two and a 1/2 decades ago.

Kyle has been consistently projected in top 100, 3 rounds.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ring-showings/

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Kyle has been consistently projected in top 100, 3 rounds.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2...ring-showings/
    He’s answering the questions they have concerns about.

At this point in the season, Debo is on pace to break the single season school HR record. He’s on a 60 game pace to hit 20. Record is 19

He’s answering the questions they have concerns about.

At this point in the season, Debo is on pace to break the single season school HR record. He’s on a 60 game pace to hit 20. Record is 19
    I think Luc had 17 HR his Jr year. I thought that was a bunch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information