Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: La Tech and Marshall impact

1. Default Re: La Tech and Marshall impact

Most of the variables are relative unknowns when decisions must be and were made!

Default Re: La Tech and Marshall impact

2024 season upcoming

Name:  4-12-2024 cajuns bsb.png
Views: 256
Size:  61.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Most of the variables are relative unknowns when decisions must be and were made!
    I'm pretty sure the SWAC variable was known. Need less of this and more high RPI road games

4. Default Re: La Tech and Marshall impact

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm pretty sure the SWAC variable was known. Need less of this and more high RPI road games
    Yea, you knew Southern would beat LSU this year. I got it.

Yea, you knew Southern would beat LSU this year. I got it.
    Umm. No, that's not what he's saying. lol

Can you logically think of any other reason under those circumstances that we would not host?
    With an RPI still in the 50's, I am still more concerned about making a regional at this stage than hosting. It is possible we win the regular season, don't win the conference tournament and still have an RPI in the 50's. I would be sweating come Memorial Day in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    With an RPI still in the 50's, I am still more concerned about making a regional at this stage than hosting. It is possible we win the regular season, don't win the conference tournament and still have an RPI in the 50's. I would be sweating come Memorial Day in that scenario.
    Winning the regular season title will require some good “RPI wins”

There’s very little chance of hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Win the conference regular season. We're in (implies we win SOME more games). No matter what happens in the conference tournament. No need to sweat.

Other than texas A&M I don’t see any other hosts in Texas, LA, and miss. If we get to 40 wins I think we would be the top of the list to host in the south central.

Texas,TCU, lsu, miss st, ole miss, usm. All a little down. I think we’re in a better position to host them all of them.

PS it’s way to early to tell who will host but it’s also too early to rule the Cajuns out!!

Agree. But we need another big win streak. OR - win all remaining series... That should get our RPI into the Top 30, I would think. And would need a good showing in the conference tournament as well. Remote. But it's OK to dream!

Tech just gave up 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose their 2nd game of a 3 game series at Arizona. Final was 5-6. They just choked on another opportunity for a Q1 road win. Bates blew the save. AZ managed to string together several legit hits Bot 9 w/o the help of Tech errors. Expecting AZ sweep in this series.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information