Thread: Lady Cajuns Softball closes out road swing at FIU

1. Default Lady Cajuns Softball closes out road swing at FIU

Cajun softball closes out road swing at FIU
    The rest of the story

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Softball closes out road swing at FIU

Another loss in Game 1. Don't know what's wrong with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    _ Another loss in Game 1. Don't know what's wrong with this team. _
    What is wrong with this team is simply they have spent too much time on the road. I believe they have only played 9 home games this season. They will play more in the latter part coming up. Schedule was put together somewhat because of the stadium construction. It should be more balanced next season.

For some reason I don't think its the road trips that have caused the rather large slump in every phase of their game.

You're right. They are playing poorly in all phases of the game. Injuries have something to do with it, but it's not an excuse. The big letdown is the pitching, which is nowhere near what it was last year. Hard to figure out.

Joy Webre called the pitches for the past few seasons. I think she was a major cog in their machine and now that she isn't around either the pitch calling has dropped off or they aren't hitting their spots, and I am really tempted to say its the pitch calling because to have both pitchers who we know to be able to throw so well both be well below their capabilities is really mind boggling.

The defense is struggling, partly due to injuries and just having new starters in general, but for example Kelly Cormier is making way more errors then we're used to seeing, and she is widely considered to be their defensive rock. She has 4 errors in the first half of this season, compared to 6 all of last season. 2 of her errors last season didnt even occur until she had a dislocated finger(s) in the conference championships. On defense, they simply haven't been consistent or as solid in years past, yet the talent is still all there.

Their bats have also been very inconsistent. this is a real brain buster. The normally clutch hitting is very rare, and overall the lineup just seems shakey, which again is puzzling given just how talented we know they are.

Its just really weird how much they are slumping in every phase of the game. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but its just so confusing as to how they are down in literally every phase of the game when they have a team that is loaded with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRagin88 View Post
    _ Joy Webre called the pitches for the past few seasons. I think she was a major cog in their machine and now that she isn't around either the pitch calling has dropped off or they aren't hitting their spots, and I am really tempted to say its the pitch calling because to have both pitchers who we know to be able to throw so well both be well below their capabilities is really mind boggling.

The defense is struggling, partly due to injuries and just having new starters in general, but for example Kelly Cormier is making way more errors then we're used to seeing, and she is widely considered to be their defensive rock. She has 4 errors in the first half of this season, compared to 6 all of last season. 2 of her errors last season didnt even occur until she had a dislocated finger(s) in the conference championships. On defense, they simply haven't been consistent or as solid in years past, yet the talent is still all there.

Their bats have also been very inconsistent. this is a real brain buster. The normally clutch hitting is very rare, and overall the lineup just seems shakey, which again is puzzling given just how talented we know they are.

Its just really weird how much they are slumping in every phase of the game. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but its just so confusing as to how they are down in literally every phase of the game when they have a team that is loaded with experience. _
    Very good call. Accurate all the way around, especially in regards to Joy. Remember that Chris has to gain experience at his job just as much as the new players do. The inconsistent hitting may have something to do with the fact that the coaches have been concentrating on defensive drills as there are new players at different positions and they are still not quite polishing their technique. I expect that Brittany & Donna will have it all together by conference tournament time, they are just too good for this to continue.

Thread Information