Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Acadiana Cane Cutters

1. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

I work with Coach Dukes, and he can't say enough good things the UL guys who played for the Cane Cutters last year. Always seems very excited any time he mentions his "summer job".

Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

I just scrolled through the cane cutters Facebook page I didn’t see any Cajuns listed.

3. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Thanks.

Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    Thanks.
    Looking at where most of these kids are from Jose is better than this league.

5. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Looking at where most of these kids are from Jose is better than this league.

I wonder if Cajun Caviar supports the Cane Cutters too?
    Jose will be one of the best players in the league if not the best.

This is not Alaska or Cape Cod.

There are a good number of leagues like the Texas Collegiate League which provide a place for athletes who, for some reason or another can’t play in the couple of elite leagues.

https://baseballnearyou.com/blog/bes...eball-leagues/

Some players are away from home enough during the school year and don’t want to be away from home for the summer.

Some can’t afford to be in those leagues (although almost all expenses are paid, they do not usually may not pay transportation to and there and we all know there are extra costs associated with not being home;

Some schools don’t have the funding to assist their players to get to the Cod or Alaska;

Some are coming off injury and as a result do not qualify to play in the more elite leagues

That being said, the easiest players for the Cane Cutters to attract are those with local ties.

Hose is a big get.

This is a thread to support the Acadiana Cane Cutters as an organization funded by a husband and wife who are aTm graduates, but love the game of baseball and use their own money to provide great local baseball entertainment in the summer. They are also a very good supporter of the Cajuns.

Note that the league does not allow more than four players from any college to be on the team

I also ask that, if you so desire, go out to the park, have a couple of beers and some ball park food and support this great organization. As a result of my relationship with the owners, I do know that way more years than not, the venture dips into their pockets instead of puts money in their pockets.

C’mon, let’s make this a great experience for the kids playing here in Lafayette this summer and go out and have fun with one of the hardest playing players who just so happen to be a Louisiana Ragin Cajun . . . Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose . . . let’s bring this cheer by the fans to Fabacher

I see where Collins photo is now up with an indication that he plays for UL.

Maybe they intend to make a splash with Jose a little closer to opening day.

6. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

CajunVic didn't your son pitch for them a few summers ago?

7. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Especially now, with free transfer without having to sit a year, Cane Cutter games provide easy scouting opportunities to find a prospect playing right here in Lafayette to poach.

8. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    CajunVic didn't your son pitch for them a few summers ago?
    and why I posted that I hope the local pitcher that plays at Belhaven has as much success this year as the local pitcher from the past had that played at Belhaven who has pitched here.

9. Default Re: Acadiana Cane Cutters

Jose is back up with the appropriate UL designation.

Help the good guys, come see a few Cajuns and probably a few more Cajun prospects right here in good ole Lafayette.

If you are in BR, you can enjoy the CC when they play the Roughnecks.

If in LC area, TCL will have a new team this year - Lake Charles Gumbo Gators.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information