Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MBB: Perdue or U Conn

Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

I guess we can call U Conn a basketball school.

2. Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    NIL is not going to change the quality of of the game or the gaps... just the pitstops and pitfalls.
    you sure?

3. Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

"Quality of the Game" is not enhanced by blowouts.

4. Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

"Quality of the Game" is not enhanced by blowouts.
    Quality of wagering return does, however

5. Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

Just don't promote gambling on Ragin Pagin.

No matter how legal it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Honestly Mike, that wasn't a really bold prediction. They were the betting favorites.
    Maybe so, but you and a few others were harping on how tough their region was and it was the NCAA tournament etc etc etc. All I was saying was that it didn't matter who was in their region or who they played in the tourney. They are just different with the best head coach and the system/personnel that allows them to mix and match with other teams so well. I have kept up with them since they hired Hurley and there was a thread many years ago where I stated that he would lead them back to championships when he got hired. I may not be the smartest man, matter of fact I am just a dumb jock. But I do know a little about basketball and UConn dominating this tourney was no surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they won 3 in a row. Hurley is a maniacal mastermind and his system is about as perfect as it gets.

7. Default Re: Perdue or U Conn

When Zepher mentioned lines, he got no such reprimand.

Selective enforcement as has always been the case with me.

M$M, you raise the IQ on this board 30 points when you post.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When Zepher mentioned lines, he got no such reprimand.

Selective enforcement as has always been the case with me.

M$M, you raise the IQ on this board 30 points when you post.
    I didn't mention lines. I noted that they were the betting favorite going in. I didn't get into odds or lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Maybe so, but you and a few others were harping on how tough their region was and it was the NCAA tournament etc etc etc. All I was saying was that it didn't matter who was in their region or who they played in the tourney. They are just different with the best head coach and the system/personnel that allows them to mix and match with other teams so well. I have kept up with them since they hired Hurley and there was a thread many years ago where I stated that he would lead them back to championships when he got hired. I may not be the smartest man, matter of fact I am just a dumb jock. But I do know a little about basketball and UConn dominating this tourney was no surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they won 3 in a row. Hurley is a maniacal mastermind and his system is about as perfect as it gets.
    So? They had the toughest region. That was and is a fact. It wasn't to take away from how good they are as I had them winning it despite that. Hurley appears to be an excellent coach. He's been successful everywhere he's been in his coaching career. Time will tell if its lighting in a bottle or he becomes one of the best or the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information