Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baseball Polls, Week of April 7

Default Re: Baseball Polls, Week of April 7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Going to be fun down the stretch. Real season starts next weekend with CC
    Exactly. Next 3 conf weekends will show some things. Love what they’ve been doing, but the good teams are coming

This is not the same team that played at Minutemaide.

LSU can Please. They beat us this year.... but we beat them last year. It's baseball! Go figure! Now, let's completely finish turning that table!

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    This is not the same team that played at Minutemaide.

LSU can Please. They beat us this year.... but we beat them last year. It's baseball! Go figure! Now, let's completely finish turning that table!
    Post season is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    All lsu all the time
    Apparently not if you’re on a Cajun message board. Ziiiiiiiing!!

What’s the likelihood that the game tomorrow against Tech actually gets played? The weather forecast doesn’t look favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    What’s the likelihood that the game tomorrow against Tech actually gets played? The weather forecast doesn’t look favorable.
    I’m showing it clearing out by 1, and zero % for 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I’m showing it clearing out by 1, and zero % for 6pm
    I am, too. I'm hoping we get rained out tonight. Higher likelihood of this happening. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Tiger fan comment on the poll: "ULL record with LSU's recent SEC schedule wouldn't be any better and LSU would have a 15 game streak going with their schedule."

No it wouldn't. You lost to Southern. By a lot. We run ruled them
    We can't be certain based on one game... but I like the way you think, soldier.

Here's the flaw in the thinking over at BeSSiE*: When the polls put them ahead of us, or even give them a national championship, they never note any problems with the way it works.

Only when it puts us ahead of them do they suddenly complain about the polls.

In a more pointed response, I will simply point to our previous long win-streaks and national rankings: When we have done this in the past, we have generally validated our rankings in the post-season. And when we did not win in the post season as much as we expected, the teams who eliminated us performed very well thereafter: Ole Miss eliminated us in the super regional and then won 2 games in the 2014 CWS, matching UL's record-setting play for a debut team; & Arizona eliminated us in our own regional, but then made it to the 2016 championship.

*Our Beloved Sister School to the East.

We enter 5 national polls and the conversation turns to LSU. Already played them. They beat us. Obviously the team put it behind them, how about we do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    We enter 5 national polls and the conversation turns to LSU. Already played them. They beat us. Obviously the team put it behind them, how about we do the same?
    There is merit in this. But I think that we need to rehearse these things, not for LSU, but for our own fans and players.

Because I for one still have a hard time believing it. It is human nature that once we believe something, our performance tends to rise to the level of our belief.

That, in fact, is a big part of coaching: Getting the athletes to believe in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    There is merit in this. But I think that we need to rehearse these things, not for LSU, but for our own fans and players.

Because I for one still have a hard time believing it. It is human nature that once we believe something, our performance tends to rise to the level of our belief.

That, in fact, is a big part of coaching: Getting the athletes to believe in themselves.
    hard time believing what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    hard time believing what exactly?
    That with all of their money and power and national presence; and our tiny fraction of any of that; we are not only competing with them, we are passing them up.

Mind you, the history of the world is filled with such things. I am reading a novel about the Varian Disaster, when in 9 CE Germanic tribes trapped and defeated three Roman legions, after routinely losing to the Romans. The event shocked the ancient world, and led to a cessation of major Roman expansion: they started building walls to keep the barbarians out.

There are bunch of 'em in history: Defeat of the Spanish Armada in the Battle of Gravelines (it only started there, it continued up the British coast, and came down west of Ireland); the English victory at Agincourt; the Athenian defeat of the Persians at Marathon; and even one that the U.S. kept hidden for decades, the Battle off of Samar, starring a Louisianian.

But there is a reason these things are well-known. They don't happen too often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information