Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, ULM 1

1. UL Baseball BB G1 Final: Louisiana 4, ULM 1

Louisiana continues its season-long, nine-game homestand beginning on Friday when it hosts in-state opponent ULM in a three-game Sun Belt Conference baseball series at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field at Russo Park.

First pitch for Friday's opener is scheduled for 6 p.m. The series will continue on Saturday with a 2 p.m. contest before the series finale on Sunday at 1. Sunday's game will be lone contest in the weekend series to be streamed on ESPN+.

Fans in the Lafayette area will be able to listen live on KPEL-FM (96.5) and worldwide on the Varsity Network app.

Louisiana (21-8, 8-1 SBC) looks to extend the nation's longest win streak (12) when it hosts ULM (15-14, 3-6 SBC). The series between the schools dates back to 1953 with Louisiana holding a 101-55 lead.

The Ragin' Cajuns have won 38 of the last 41 contests in the series dating back to 2013, including a three-game sweep last season in Monroe.

Southpaws Andrew Herrmann (2-1, 2.12 ERA) and Chase Morgan (2-1, 2.15 ERA), ranked first and second respectively in the SBC in earned run average, will take the mound in the opening two games with right-hander Carson Fluno (1-0, 3.32 ERA) scheduled to pitch in Sunday's finale.

Duncan Pastore (.319-2-19) is one of six regulars in the lineup hitting above .300 for Louisiana with Josh Alexander (.314-2-17), Kyle DeBarge (.310-9-31), Lee Amedee (.306-2-16), John Taylor (.305-3-17) and Jose Torres (.303-1-18) following.

Conor Higgs (.291-4-15) is next among regulars in hitting for the Ragin' Cajuns with Caleb Stelley (.259-1-15) leading the team with six stolen bases. Trey LaFleur (.371-3-13) and Mason Zambo (.333-0-3) are each hitting above .300 for Louisiana.

The Ragin' Cajuns posted a 13-3 victory over Nicholls in seven innings on Tuesday behind a four-hit game from Pastore and a solo home run from DeBarge. Jack Martinez and David Christie combined to hold Nicholls to nine hits in the game after the Colonels entered with a .332 team batting average.

ULM scored all of its runs with two outs in a 10-6 win at Northwestern State on Wednesday behind three hits from Bryce Blaser. The Warhawks claimed the opening game in its home series last weekend against nationally-ranked Coastal Carolina.

Michelle Artzberger (.402-3-27), the current SBC leader in hitting, is one of five players hitting above .300 for ULM. Blaser (.355-2-15), freshman Easton Winfield (.346-7-19), Colby Lunsford (.337-3-16) and Shawn Weatherbee (.329-3-17) are next for the Warhawks, who are third in the SBC in doubles (57) and fourth in hits (274).

Left-hander Cam Barlow (1-1, 4.98 ERA) will start in Friday's opener for ULM with right-hander Beau Blanchard (1-2, 5.62 ERA) scheduled to pitch on Saturday. ULM's starter for Sunday's finale is to be determined.

Default Re: Baseball: Louisiana Baseball Preview: The ULM Series

Interested to see how this weekend goes. ULM does not appear to be a bad team. So a sweep is far from a given.

Question on La Fleur: what is his injury? Pastore has been excellent at 1st and Zambo has done well when called upon, but it would be nice to have him at full speed

“Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (21-8, 5-1 SBC) vs. ULM Warhawks (15-14, 3-6 Southland)“

Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    “Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (21-8, 5-1 SBC) vs. ULM Warhawks (15-14, 3-6 Southland)“

Ha!
    SOOOOOO NO TV....

Default Re: Baseball Preview: The ULM Series

I’d like to know what the reason is for no TV Friday and Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I’d like to know what the reason is for no TV Friday and Saturday.
    I was told softball has the equipment for both. Still stuck with only being able to broadcast one game at a time and both are home this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I was told softball has the equipment for both. Still stuck with only being able to broadcast one game at a time and both are home this weekend.
    Both will be broadcast on Sunday, I’ve also watched the girls play at Lamson on the projector while waiting in line in the stadium club more than once this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Both will be broadcast on Sunday, I’ve also watched the girls play at Lamson on the projector while waiting in line in the stadium club more than once this year.
    I think it was discussed earlier in the year that softball has paid out of their budget for some broadcasts? Just throwing out ideas and also acknowledging that it’s just what I heard.

I thought softball had their own thing to do all of their games. If so, why is baseball not on this weekend? That’s the question.

And if it’s one or the other, and I know there are a lot of softball die hards on here (I enjoy watching them play too), but baseball should trump softball 100% of the time. Especially when the team is on a nation-leading win streak.

I thought softball had their own thing to do all of their games. If so, why is baseball not on this weekend? That’s the question.

And if it’s one or the other, and I know there are a lot of softball die hards on here (I enjoy watching them play too), but baseball should trump softball 100% of the time. Especially when the team is on a nation-leading win streak.
    That's for damn sure.

Also, Jose has the 6th best batting average for us. That's crazy. LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I think it was discussed earlier in the year that softball has paid out of their budget for some broadcasts? Just throwing out ideas and also acknowledging that it’s just what I heard.
    It’s not for lack of equipment was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    It’s not for lack of equipment was my point.
    Production team maybe? Idk but it sucks. I won’t beat a dead horse cause someone will come on here and scold us for appreciating what we have. All I know is that when people were complaining last year about a game not being on tv, the equipment issue was the reason, yet the next day they were showing highlights of the previous game not aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Production team maybe? Idk but it sucks. I won’t beat a dead horse cause someone will come on here and scold us for appreciating what we have. All I know is that when people were complaining last year about a game not being on tv, the equipment issue was the reason, yet the next day they were showing highlights of the previous game not aired.
    It was only 3 home games not being aired this year and I know those people will say it’s only 3 games. I’d say to them, it’s only 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Interested to see how this weekend goes. ULM does not appear to be a bad team. So a sweep is far from a given.

Question on La Fleur: what is his injury? Pastore has been excellent at 1st and Zambo has done well when called upon, but it would be nice to have him at full speed
    LaFleur's injury is his back and it's not likely to get better unless he has surgery. He didn't play against Nichols because they are managing his pain and injury. They would rather have him play down the stretch than lose him for the rest of the season.

84 consecutive conference series wins dating back to 2013 is pretty good too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information