Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yeah Everything is Fine with MBB

Default Re: Yeah Everything is Fine with MBB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yeah, but we have record amounts of integrity in the athletic department and in Martin Hall right now.

This is 100% on Maggard. I’m glad this is blowing up in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Baseball and softball are both on hot streaks right now. Go and support them. Worry (or don't worry) about basketball in November.
    No. Our leadership needs to have their feet held to the fire NOW. They want our money NOW. They want us to renew our RCAF memberships NOW. They don’t get to ask for investors to be people who don’t worry about results and just give mindlessly. I mean technically they do get to ask for that, but look at the results it’s getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Our two best players will end up suiting up for McNeese next season. Nothing to see here.

What a waste of resources.
    Who's the other, I see Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Baseball and softball are both on hot streaks right now. Go and support them. Worry (or don't worry) about basketball in November.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Well said.
    This whole thing is eye-opening to me. I didn’t know some people on this board disapprove of the state of our MBB program.

Oh well..on to the conf leading spring sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    This is 100% on Maggard. I’m glad this is blowing up in his face.
    If only he had a chance to get rid of him for almost nothing.

What say you now * ? What a frickin joke. I'll volunteer to pack ya'll up and drive the moving van.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Seriously, though, for the ones who want Marlin gone, why is this a bad thing?

Two best players from Marlin’s avg team leave. He will have a hard time replacing them. Quickest way to lose the coach is for him to lose big.

That’s part of how he’s kept his job so long. So..big picture, again, what is the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    This whole thing is eye-opening to me. I didn’t know some people on this board disapprove of the state of our MBB program.

Oh well..on to the conf leading spring sports.
    What bothers me is that people won’t just sit silently while the whole thing crumbles.

Two best players from Marlin’s avg team leave. He will have a hard time replacing them. Quickest way to lose the coach is for him to lose big.

That’s part of how he’s kept his job so long. So..big picture, again, what is the problem here?
    Because they won’t fire him. They had the chance and didn’t pull the trigger. Maggard went on the radio and said how happy he was with Marlin 75% win rate (which was not even close to reality).

The admin has shown they are completely satisfied with mediocre results.

Because it should’ve never gotten to this point

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    BUT if we fire him we may have had players transfer…

You have to be trolling, right? You are surprised people don’t think the program needed to hit complete rock bottom to see that Bob wasn’t the guy? He went 8th place in a mediocre league two years ago when his buyout was as low as it was ever gonna be. Having to be surpassed by McNeese for the POTENTIAL of our admins seeing how far we have fallen is not my idea of a well run program.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    BUT if we fire him we may have had players transfer…
    Just like why Dez had to be the HC... Players would transfer out if it was someone else lol!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information