Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yeah Everything is Fine with MBB

Default Re: Yeah Everything is Fine with MBB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Seriously, though, for the ones who want Marlin gone, why is this a bad thing?

Two best players from Marlin’s avg team leave. He will have a hard time replacing them. Quickest way to lose the coach is for him to lose big.

That’s part of how he’s kept his job so long. So..big picture, again, what is the problem here?
    He will never get let go.

UL learned from Napier its too much work to be successful. There is not a lazier collection of people than UL Athletics Department. That's coming from a family member that works there.

This can't be for a NIL deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post

UL learned from Napier its too much work to be successful. There is not a lazier collection of people than UL Athletics Department. That's coming from a family member that works there.
    I don't doubt that it looks that way, but I think it more likely that they are just mailing it in because every bit of attempted progress is crushed by Martin Hall.

Well I can assure you that if you are lazy and working in athletics, the career typically doesn’t last long.

He will leave eventually. Probably not for another 3 yrs though. Is what it is.

Just like why Dez had to be the HC... Players would transfer out if it was someone else lol!
    At least those football players transferred to P5 schools with much more money to throw around than us. Losing a player to McNeese is just laughable

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't doubt that it looks that way, but I think it more likely that they are just mailing it in because every bit of attempted progress is crushed by Martin Hall.
    The guy cleaning the football stadium was charging them 3 cleanings a year. They didn't realize he was only doing it once a year.. for the last 12 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Our two best players will end up suiting up for McNeese next season. Nothing to see here.

What a waste of resources.
    Who besides Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    No. Our leadership needs to have their feet held to the fire NOW. They want our money NOW. They want us to renew our RCAF memberships NOW. They don’t get to ask for investors to be people who don’t worry about results and just give mindlessly. I mean technically they do get to ask for that, but look at the results it’s getting them.
    I get it. This stuff (NIL, portal, coaching changes, staff changes, admin blunders, all things money, fan silos, infighting, fan disengagement) is just exhausting. Trying to enjoy being a fan and our spring sports are rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Who besides Charles?
    Julien (rumored)

If this happens, that would be the clencher for me as well.

Was wondering the same.

Oooff.

That is rock bottom, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Julien (rumored)
    That’s what I’ve heard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Well I can assure you that if you are lazy and working in athletics, the career typically doesn’t last long.

He will leave eventually. Probably not for another 3 yrs though. Is what it is.
    I would love to see this interaction in the business world:
    CEO: please invest in my business.
    Potential Investor: your business is failing. Why would I give you money?
    CEO: my business is failing because of one of our regional managers.
    Potential Investor: so you plan to replace this person?
    CEO: He will leave eventually. Probably not for another 3 yrs though. Is what it is.

14. Default Re: Yeah Everything is Fine with MBB

So let’s look at our projected starters and their averages from 23-24*

*Note: this doesn’t take into effect any potential leaps in talent or production. This is as is, which is not the best metric but it’s our starting point.

PG: Michael Thomas (6)
    SG: Brandon Hardy (4.4)
    SF: Kyran Ratliff (2.6)
    PF: Chancellor White (2.7)
    C: Hosana Kitenge (11.9)

That total is…27.6

For reference, Louisiana averaged 75.9 points a game this season. 27.6 would be at or below half of the worst scoring team in the nation, Mississippi Valley State.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    So let’s look at our projected starters and their averages from 23-24*

*Note: this doesn’t take into effect any potential leaps in talent or production. This is as is, which is not the best metric but it’s our starting point.

PG: Michael Thomas (6)
    SG: Brandon Hardy (4.4)
    SF: Kyran Ratliff (2.6)
    PF: Chancellor White (2.7)
    C: Hosana Kitenge (11.9)

That total is…27.6

For reference, Louisiana averaged 75.9 points a game this season. 27.6 would be at or below half of the worst scoring team in the nation, Mississippi Valley State.
    Chancellor is a SG and ratliff is a PF. But neither of those guys should be starters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information