Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Tailgating Increase?

Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    That’s great to hear.

Hope TG and CF is packed this upcoming season
    I hope so. We do have a pretty solid home schedule this season based on the opponents coming in and all Saturday games. Should setup for nice attendance

2. Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Glad that some are asking questions before shooting. When one does that, they also save on the ammunition cost as well as the lost goodwill.

3. Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Glad that some are asking questions before shooting. When one does that, they also save on the ammunition cost as well as the lost goodwill.
    We always ask questions first and never shoot.

Sometimes the questions are misinterpreted and leave a ringing reverberation in the ears of those being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We aren’t the one selling the product, we are the customers. You know what usually happens to businesses that operate this way? They close

What are single game tailgate prices currently at?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    What are single game tailgate prices currently at?
    It was around $180 2 years ago

One really needs to sit down and evaluate the entertainment value that you are getting. If you tally the RACF membership, Ticket Cost and parking cost plus tailgate cost (if you tailgate) and divide by the number of games (depending on your situation) you get a pretty large number on a per game basis. After you do the math you have to ask yourself one simple question "is this entertainment value worth the money I am spending?" In my case the answer was no. I will have more money in my pocket and a lot more time on Saturdays during football season. I can easily listen on the radio while messing around in my garden or relaxing on my deck. I will not have to put up with the Parking Nazis, insufferably loud PA and all the other commotion involved with going to a live football game. I hate to say it but it's just not worth it and all this exercise boils down to a money grab. I am glad I got to see the Napier years though. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see that again with the changing landscape of college athletics. It was nice while it lasted.

8. Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    One really needs to sit down and evaluate the entertainment value that you are getting. If you tally the RACF membership, Ticket Cost and parking cost plus tailgate cost (if you tailgate) and divide by the number of games (depending on your situation) you get a pretty large number on a per game basis. After you do the math you have to ask yourself one simple question "is this entertainment value worth the money I am spending?" In my case the answer was no. I will have more money in my pocket and a lot more time on Saturdays during football season. I can easily listen on the radio while messing around in my garden or relaxing on my deck. I will not have to put up with the Parking Nazis, insufferably loud PA and all the other commotion involved with going to a live football game. I hate to say it but it's just not worth it and all this exercise boils down to a money grab. I am glad I got to see the Napier years though. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see that again with the changing landscape of college athletics. It was nice while it lasted.
    Wait until you experience the patio/deck mode of entertainment. Once you do it, I believe you find that may be one of the largest reason for deficiencies in attendance numbers. A good patio or deck arrangement is very hard to beat, especially if you have health/physical issues, may be living on a fixed budget and have grown to not appreciate any tolerance for the different nazis issues now present in today's life, at a sporting event or not.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the football game I made this year, just not all of the difficulties of getting around, I enjoyed the couple of basketball games I made this year and I enjoy thoroughly every baseball game I make, but the patio is no half bad either.

I understand your sentiments, Helmut. I have a different viewpoint. I don't just get entertainment from these games. I get community. I get to see old friends. I get to continue tradition. I get to keep the cULture alive that means the world to me.

While I may complain from time to time, I remain willing to pay what is needed to continue these oh so precious cULture/community/family building events we call Football games/Tailgating.

Sometimes, I get really upset with my family, but I will never turn my back on them. I will never abandon them......unless.....they tell me that there is no more cULture/community/family by ending Tailgating or pricing attendance out of my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I understand your sentiments, Helmut. I have a different viewpoint. I don't just get entertainment from these games. I get community. I get to see old friends. I get to continue tradition. I get to keep the cULture alive that means the world to me.

While I may complain from time to time, I remain willing to pay what is needed to continue these oh so precious cULture/community/family building events we call Football games/Tailgating.

Sometimes, I get really upset with my family, but I will never turn my back on them. I will never abandon them......unless.....they tell me that there is no more cULture/community/family by ending Tailgating or pricing attendance out of my budget.
    ^^^This^^^. Same for me

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Anybody notice they are doubling TG1 from 500 to 1000 per spot and now charging 200 for parking pass?

Am I seeing things?
    This athletic administration is destroying the Cajun fan base Ain’t no Maggart fan anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information