Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Increase?

Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Just so I understand correctly -- the selling point here is that they're charging you more to tailgate for football, but it works out to be a decent deal IF you also buy tickets for other sports?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Just so I understand correctly -- the selling point here is that they're charging you more to tailgate for football, but it works out to be a decent deal IF you also buy tickets for other sports?
    You have to donate to RCAF to get a spot, I think currently it's only $100. If you buy season tickets, let's assume 4 and it's the $75 "champion fund", that buts you at $400 in giving. Assuming you don't purchase any additional tickets or other fundraising opportunities, your spot would go up to $600 instead of $500. If you purchase baseball tickets or any other support, your spot price would potentially go down. The new system encourages support for multiple athletic events.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    You have to donate to RCAF to get a spot, I think currently it's only $100. If you buy season tickets, let's assume 4 and it's the $75 "champion fund", that buts you at $400 in giving. Assuming you don't purchase any additional tickets or other fundraising opportunities, your spot would go up to $600 instead of $500. If you purchase baseball tickets or any other support, your spot price would potentially go down. The new system encourages support for multiple athletic events.
    Thank you. It is now clear as mud.

How about this.

For the last 20+ years, I have had 2 chairback seats on the 50 about 20 rows up, and I have had a Tailtgate spot that came with 2 parking passes.

I intend to get 2 season tickets this year wherever they decide I should be, and I am already paying 69$/month right now for the RCAF.

Can anyone decipher exactly what they will charge me for Tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Anybody notice they are doubling TG1 from 500 to 1000 per spot and now charging 200 for parking pass?

Am I seeing things?
    Gotta be an April Fools joke

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Is that what is taught at the Moody School of Business?

Mr. BI must be turning over in his grave . . .
    Definitely not what was taught in the ECON classes I took a few years back

There was this thing called “elasticity of demand” that should apply to this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    A better way to look at this is that they are penalizing those people who can only afford to go to FB games and they are discouraging Tailgating.

The following scenarios do not factor in having season tickets for other sports or any existing direct donations to RCAF.

Scenario 1: You sit in red section, have 4 football season tickets. This means you have $500 in the RCAF champion fund. You now have access to buy a tailgating spot in TG3 or TG4 for $200. Total cost (including season tickets) if you want to tailgate: $1,200

Scenario 2: You sit in orange section, have 4 football season tickets. This means you have $300 in the RCAF champion fund. You now have access to buy a tailgating spot in TG4. Total cost (including season tickets) if you want to tailgate: $1,000

Scenario 3: You sit in blue section, have 4 football season tickets. This means you have $0 in the RCAF champion fund. You have to donate separately to RCAF $250 AND buy a spot at $200. Total cost (including season tickets) if you want to tailgate: $950

Hopefully 1. they have a good outbound sales team; 2. single game TG spots are reasonably priced, otherwise we'll probably have another scarce TG scene again.

May sound like pessimism, but I think I'm being a realist.

So where does the $200 per pass come into this? All previous seasons we got two passes included in our TG1 fee, $500 for TG1 spot, and $500 to RCAF required ($1000 total).

Wait they moved my TG3 spot to be single tailgate spot now? Wtf. I absolutely loved my spot, not sure I renew now

Just got off the phone with ticket office and the RCAF.

I will pay a $100 more for my RCAF donation. This will cover both tickets and parking. My tickets will be the same price and parking will be the same price. Just the increase in RCAF.

Spoke to somebody who has an RV tailgating spot. Their cost will actually go down a few dollars.

I just don't get it...we all want change but we all want everything to stay the same.

The University has finally driven my give a sh*# level to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Just got off the phone with ticket office and the RCAF.

I will pay a $100 more for my RCAF donation. This will cover both tickets and parking. My tickets will be the same price and parking will be the same price. Just the increase in RCAF.

Spoke to somebody who has an RV tailgating spot. Their cost will actually go down a few dollars.

I just don't get it...we all want change but we all want everything to stay the same.
    Yeah, just spoke to a lovely young lady at RCAF. My total cost for everything will go up by 1 or 2 hundred dollars. That's doable. Just wish it was explained a little better beforehand.

We want improvement. We don't want change that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yeah, just spoke to a lovely young lady at RCAF. My total cost for everything will go up by 1 or 2 hundred dollars. That's doable. Just wish it was explained a little better beforehand.

We want improvement. We don't want change that makes no sense.
    Maybe I should have said "we don't want to be inconvenienced by the change."

We've (temporarily) lost a sizeable chunk of real estate that will be the construction zone.

Looks like they've extended RV tailgating to the east parking lot at the corner of Congress and Cajundome Blvd, which has resulted in Lot E parking being cut by about 1/3.

Looks like they've added some single tailgating at Congress/Bertrand.

From what I'm seeing on Redtails post, prices might actually go down (albeit temporarily) for some folks.

Honestly, I think its kind of a good idea to try to package multiple sports into one RCAF cost. Yes, it does look like it raises the RCAF cost for any one sport, but the addition of multiple sports will be absorbed into that initial cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are that stupid.

Our ticket pricing will exceed or match LSU.
    Well if the product on the field matches LSU as well, then what’s everyone complaining about?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information