Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Increase?

Default Re: Tailgating Increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Honestly, I think its kind of a good idea to try to package multiple sports into one RCAF cost. Yes, it does look like it raises the RCAF cost for any one sport, but the addition of multiple sports will be absorbed into that initial cost.
    I agree with this. I just take the stance that tailgating should be way cheaper until demand increases.

Just got off the phone with ticket office and the RCAF.

I will pay a $100 more for my RCAF donation. This will cover both tickets and parking. My tickets will be the same price and parking will be the same price. Just the increase in RCAF.

Spoke to somebody who has an RV tailgating spot. Their cost will actually go down a few dollars.

I just don't get it...we all want change but we all want everything to stay the same.
    I don't think you are going to make at 60 million dollar budget nickel and diming your hardcore fans. Current demand does not require increasing prices. You want change, hire coach's that increase demand and season tickets!

I understand UL needed to change the model, and I get it. It’s a double edged sword and that’s fine as long as they stay consistent. Winning is paramount now.

The nickel and dime legacy model USL had became stagnant. UL had to level the field for new donors. Being a fan, I have to hope they succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    I don't think you are going to make at 60 million dollar budget nickel and diming your hardcore fans. Current demand does not require increasing prices. You want change, hire coach's that increase demand and season tickets!
    need more people paying not the same people paying more..just like taxes. Not going to get into our politicians steeling it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Anybody notice they are doubling TG1 from 500 to 1000 per spot and now charging 200 for parking pass?

Am I seeing things?
    Where did you see such nonsense? They’d have to be absolutely ignorant to do that with the dwindling crowds that football has been having.

Just got off the phone with ticket office and the RCAF.

I will pay a $100 more for my RCAF donation. This will cover both tickets and parking. My tickets will be the same price and parking will be the same price. Just the increase in RCAF.

Spoke to somebody who has an RV tailgating spot. Their cost will actually go down a few dollars.

I just don't get it...we all want change but we all want everything to stay the same.
    Our tailgates spot actually go down by $1,000 assuming you meet the $2,000 in Champion funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns4me View Post
    So where does the $200 per pass come into this? All previous seasons we got two passes included in our TG1 fee, $500 for TG1 spot, and $500 to RCAF required ($1000 total).
    The $200 replaces the $500 dollar for the spot(Assuming you have met the $1000 minimum champion fund). I would think you still get the 2 passes for your spot. Additional passes are $60 for the other parking lots.

I think we are going bout this all wrong.
    Why wouldnt you have a model where you have vendors and food trucks paying money to set up shop on game days, and vendors selling coke, and beer on game day. Also have other vendors selling shirts, hats, etc.

Think how much money you would gain that you would add to the budget!!

Whatever lets charge extra 100 or 200 for tailgating.

I mean if i owned a a food truck or a restaurant I would definitely pay money to setup shop at Cajun Field on gameday.

You could even have businesses setup tents etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Our tailgates spot actually go down by $1,000 assuming you meet the $2,000 in Champion funds.
    Same with me for my RV spot

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I think we are going bout this all wrong.
    Why wouldnt you have a model where you have vendors and food trucks paying money to set up shop on game days, and vendors selling coke, and beer on game day. Also have other vendors selling shirts, hats, etc.

Think how much money you would gain that you would add to the budget!!

Whatever lets charge extra 100 or 200 for tailgating.

I mean if i owned a a food truck or a restaurant I would definitely pay money to setup shop at Cajun Field on gameday.

You could even have businesses setup tents etc.
    This would be great if it could be implemented. It would (hopefully) attract more people to Cajun Field that would end up going to game

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This would be great if it could be implemented. It would (hopefully) attract more people to Cajun Field that would end up going to game
    I dont see how or why it couldnt be implemented?

Our spots are going down. There have been a couple informational meeting to explain seating and tailgating. Try to go to one or call the RCAF for info.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Our spots are going down. There have been a couple informational meeting to explain seating and tailgating. Try to go to one or call the RCAF for info.
    So the sky is not falling? I got a pretty detailed explanation yesterday concerning champions fund replacing PSDs. All anyone has to do is ask questions and the team they have in place now will gladly break it down for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    So the sky is not falling? I got a pretty detailed explanation yesterday concerning champions fund replacing PSDs. All anyone has to do is ask questions and the team they have in place now will gladly break it down for them.
    They did do a great job breaking down the club seating for me this week. I’m not close to being able to afford them. I did appreciate the explanation and time it took for them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They did do a great job breaking down the club seating for me this week. I’m not close to being able to afford them. I did appreciate the explanation and time it took for them to do so.
    That’s great to hear.

Hope TG and CF is packed this upcoming season

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information