Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Default Re: Baseball vs Francis T. Nicholls State University

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    This narrative is tired. Deggs has a long track record of kicking out malcontents. If Martinez was a cancer, he'd be gone. I'm not going to assume Gunner is any different. You don't have to give Martinez the benefit of the doubt, but you should give it to Deggs and Gunner.
    Until Deggs or Gunner tells us otherwise by kicking him out, Martinez has PASSION and FIRE. You absolutely need those types on a team that wants to win in the post season.
    The coaching staff has earned the trust of the fans.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Man, isn’t that your alma mater?????
    That is correct

Here's a snapshot for hitting, pitching and fielding through 29 games. What stands out is that the slugging is higher than last year but OBP is down due to walks taken (last year was an aberration at this point with by far the most walks taken.)

On the pitching side the K rate is way higher but we are giving up more walks that last year. It's interesting how bb's takes a step-change increase starting in 2017. I must be missing something because it's basically all red numbers and that spans both Tony and Deggs seasons. That walk number is what's keeping the WHIP from being as high as ever because this team doesnt give up a lot of hits and the K a lot of guys.

Default Re: Baseball vs Francis T. Nicholls State University

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    This narrative is tired. Deggs has a long track record of kicking out malcontents. If Martinez was a cancer, he'd be gone. I'm not going to assume Gunner is any different. You don't have to give Martinez the benefit of the doubt, but you should give it to Deggs and Gunner.
    Until Deggs or Gunner tells us otherwise by kicking him out, Martinez has PASSION and FIRE. You absolutely need those types on a team that wants to win in the post season.
    Thank you. Well said.

5. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Here's a snapshot for hitting, pitching and fielding through 29 games. What stands out is that the slugging is higher than last year but OBP is down due to walks taken (last year was an aberration at this point with by far the most walks taken.)

On the pitching side the K rate is way higher but we are giving up more walks that last year. It's interesting how bb's takes a step-change increase starting in 2017. I must be missing something because it's basically all red numbers and that spans both Tony and Deggs seasons. That walk number is what's keeping the WHIP from being as high as ever because this team doesnt give up a lot of hits and the K a lot of guys.

I am a basketball person, but I do enjoy a little baseball. Since walks are included in the numerator, a player with more walks will have a higher OBP. OBP wouldn't be down due to more walks.

6. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post

Good stuff. Appreciate the breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    I am a basketball person, but I do enjoy a little baseball. Since walks are included in the numerator, a player with more walks will have a higher OBP. OBP wouldn't be down due to more walks.
    OBP is down because walks taken are down by a good bit from last year (154 at this point last year vs 101.) But as noted, last year was a standout year for walks drawn by our batters (no seasons within 20 walks at the same point.)

8. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

At bats, one off from 2014

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information