Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Default Re: Baseball vs Francis T. Nicholls State University

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    And I’ll say one more time. I don’t give a ____ how good he is (which he isn’t). Clean up the attitude or take a ____ing walk. That doesn’t fit in this team.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This team is special at the moment. Keep grinding, boys!

RPI up to 47.

Who was it that used to post stats comparing the past several seasons? Would love to see what that looks like..

The bats continue to be alive. It’s going to be a fun rest of the year boys.

Hell of a season so far!

And I’ll say one more time. I don’t give a ____ how good he is (which he isn’t). Clean up the attitude or take a ____ing walk. That doesn’t fit in this team.
    I'm with you. I don't like the attitude. But apparently at the moment, at least it's not affecting the team.

Not a good night for the belt overall, 4 - 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Who was it that used to post stats comparing the past several seasons? Would love to see what that looks like..
    I got them going back to 2008. I’ll try to remember to throw them on here soon. Some interesting trends. I was looking prior to the game tonight. This team tracks very closely hitting wise to last year with the SB’s and walks being a good deal lower (last year was an exception with a ton of walks taken at this point.) Even with so many fewer free passes, we’re still producing runs near the same level.

Pitching wise, walks are higher this year but K’s are a good deal higher. WHIP is pretty similar but ERA is down

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 13, Francis T. Nicholls State University 3

Right now, this is the team I thought we would be. I still think we can be even better.

We are 21-8 with 27 games left. We are the cream of the Sun Belt. If we can get RPI inside 30, June will be sweet. If we could host, our place would come unglued.

He doesn’t seem like a team player. Sorry for pointing it out. I don’t give a ____ how good he is.
    I have had 2 conversations with the kid after games as he and I happened to be walking to our cars at the same time. He seems like a good very respectful kid. Both times he and Morgan were walking together they appear to be pretty close.

Time to move on from Martinez. I’ve caught a “what the f” on a pitch call, to not covering the plate costing us a run, to walking past 5 teammates offering high fives on the way off the mound after a bullet found pastore’s glove.
    I saw that too. I've got to say he does have some "growing pains" to go through. Coach Deggs (and Coach Gunner) will either straighten him out, or let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I saw that too. I've got to say he does have some "growing pains" to go through. Coach Deggs (and Coach Gunner) will either straighten him out, or let him go.
    This narrative is tired. Deggs has a long track record of kicking out malcontents. If Martinez was a cancer, he'd be gone. I'm not going to assume Gunner is any different. You don't have to give Martinez the benefit of the doubt, but you should give it to Deggs and Gunner.
    Until Deggs or Gunner tells us otherwise by kicking him out, Martinez has PASSION and FIRE. You absolutely need those types on a team that wants to win in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It's kinda raining over here right now. Hope this one gets off on time tonight.
    Man, isn’t that your alma mater?????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information