Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spring Football

Default Re: Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    When the demo starts we will have an idea. But I definitely apprehensive.
    Obviously…lol. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    So are you saying the east side will not be completed for quite some time?
    I hope not. The lack of pressboxes on new west side may present an issue if east side gets pushed back indefinitely

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Jeff Landry Executive Budget

Relevant page: 14

Take note in the $104m reduction in capital outlay budget.

I believe we have someone in the governor's mansion that doesn't look too kindly on higher ed:

Jeff Landry sought to bar Louisiana universities from getting Blue Cross proceeds

Note: I am happy the BCBS sale to Elevance fell through though, but the above quote gives you a peer into his thoughts.
    I think he's someone that believes higher education cannot always get everything they ask for in one of the poorest, if not the poorest states in the union. When it comes to budgets and revenue allocation there are two numbers, what you need and what you would like to have. In this state, it's very possible after last years session at the end of the year they will get neither.

the cuts proposed would be to future spending budgets...... not already allocated funds in prior budgets. Can't undo the west side demolition.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think he's someone that believes higher education cannot always get everything they ask for in one of the poorest, if not the poorest states in the union. When it comes to budgets and revenue allocation there are two numbers, what you need and what you would like to have. In this state, it's very possible after last years session at the end of the year they will get neither.
    We are middle of the pack GDP wise, so I wouldn’t say poor. Just misappropriating our states wealth.

But that state funding for an athletic facility project will only happen at LSU. Or they would just pass a tax to cover their stuff without a vote lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We are middle of the pack GDP wise, so I wouldn’t say poor. Just misappropriating our states wealth.

But that state funding for an athletic facility project will only happen at LSU. Or they would just pass a tax to cover their stuff without a vote lol.
    GDP is only one measure. When it comes to healthcare cost, wages, income and the number of citizens on government subsidy, we are at the bottom of the barrel.

Over 50% of our state population is on some type of state or federal government program. Medicaid, Chips, Food Stamps, Welfare and others. In addition to that, close to 43% of the state is on Medicaid and Medicare, or both. The rest of the state is either on private insurance, Tri-Care or no health insurance at all. And this is the reason our health insurance will continue to increase. And when you have an unhealthy population, 43% on Government health insurance and the rest of the population on split between private, military or uninsured, they is not enough left in of a market for another health insurance carrier to come to Louisiana to give the citizens another option. It's Blue Cross or United Health.

By most measures we are a very poor state. This governor has some tough decisions to make, and many people will not be happy because the previous governor and the legislature kicked the can down the road.

GDP is only one measure. When it comes to healthcare cost, wages, income and the number of citizens on government subsidy, we are at the bottom of the barrel.

Over 50% of our state population is on some type of state or federal government program. Medicaid, Chips, Food Stamps, Welfare and others. In addition to that, close to 43% of the state is on Medicaid and Medicare, or both. The rest of the state is either on private insurance, Tri-Care or no health insurance at all. And this is the reason our health insurance will continue to increase. And when you have an unhealthy population, 43% on Government health insurance and the rest of the population on split between private, military or uninsured, they is not enough left in of a market for another health insurance carrier to come to Louisiana to give the citizens another option. It's Blue Cross or United Health.

By most measures we are a very poor state. This governor has some tough decisions to make, and many people will not be happy because the previous governor and the legislature kicked the can down the road.
    That’s because what needs to be done will cost them elections. Straightening out BR, Shreveport and Nola will require ____ing off enough votes to not win another election.

The state is screwed.

Name:  nextswamp.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  453.4 KB

April 3 2024 update

9. Default Re: Spring Football

The picture is flipped horizontally, so it gave me vertigo for a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The picture is flipped horizontally, so it gave me vertigo for a split second.
    I wanted to see who would notice first lol.

The real thing:

Name:  swampapril24.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  486.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0019.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  769.2 KB

11. Default Re: Spring Football

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post

The real thing
    Name:  IMG_0019.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  769.2 KB
    Looks like those guys have their helmets handy and are ready for football.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Looks like those guys have their helmets handy and are ready for football.
    I like it. Absolutely.

Yea they were in the huddle Easter Sunday afternoon. Looks like the deck has a couple loose boards. Might even be time for a deck expansion. They sure love that spot.

Spot on but let me edit your last sentence to read .... previous governors and legislatures kicked the can down the road. Fifty years worth of kicking the can by my estimation.

Glimmer of hope. We're going to see declines in Medicaid beneficiaries this year by a few hundred thousand as the eligibility requirements are once again being enforced by Gov Landry administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Spot on but let me edit your last sentence to read .... previous governors and legislatures kicked the can down the road. Fifty years worth of kicking the can by my estimation.

Glimmer of hope. We're going to see declines in Medicaid beneficiaries this year by a few hundred thousand as the eligibility requirements are once again being enforced by Gov Landry administration.
    My "kicking the can down the road" comment was specifically in reference to Medicaid recipients. The former governor and legislature knew four years ago that the Federal Government was reducing their amount of subsidy in 2024. They continued to add new enrollee's and never advised current members of what was going to take place. This Governor and Legislation has been left with a huge whole in the budget to deal with, but hey he doesn't care about the poor.

My "kicking the can down the road" comment was specifically in reference to Medicaid recipients. The former governor and legislature knew four years ago that the Federal Government was reducing their amount of subsidy in 2024. They continued to add new enrollee's and never advised current members of what was going to take place. This Governor and Legislation has been left with a huge whole in the budget to deal with, but hey he doesn't care about the poor.
    T… you're earlier post and this one are spot on. For eight years, we expanded the pool receiving free stuff… all the while knowing that this State’s limited resources and revenue couldn’t afford it, but that is what they did. And all the free money falling down from the Feds was fun while it lasted, but it dried up after driving prices for everything up… and recovering from that will be tough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information