Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Polls

1. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    The Cajuns' RPI will increase if the Cajuns win their games vs. ULM. It will drop modestly if the Cajuns drop a game in the series.

My concern with the Cajuns' schedule is not from an RPI perspective, as the remaining schedule is plenty good enough to land a Top 40 RPI ranking provided they win a reasonable number of games. My concern is that the Cajuns are only 0-2 in Quad 1 games without much opportunity to improve.

At present, the only remaining Quad 1 games are Coastal Carolina (3) and Georgia Southern (3) (both road series). It remains to be seen if Georgia Southern can remain a Q1 series. Maybe Louisiana Tech can get there for our road win in Ruston, but they are still 18 spots away. The home game vs. Tech will not qualify as a Q1 game. I do not see any home opportunities for Q1 games. I simply do not see Southern Miss getting there (Top 30).

This does not factor in whatever slate of games the Cajuns get in the conference tournament.

Finish as a regular season conference champion and Q1 becomes less important.

Brian
    Texas St will creep back down to a Q1 series in my opinion. I think last weekend will play a huge factor in determining the post season for the Cajuns.

Default Re: Baseball Polls

You have to hand it for hitting i saw this on facebook and this is crazy.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/331519.ibextid=BIEBOE

3. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Des for Pres View Post
    Texas St will creep back down to a Q1 series in my opinion. I think last weekend will play a huge factor in determining the post season for the Cajuns.
    Is it possible? Certainly. But they have a long way to go at 98 and will need a very strong finish. They can get started with a home win over A&M tonight.

Too bad they made the mistake of scheduling Youngstown State at home for a weekend series to begin the year.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

This is why I laugh every time someone posts something like “just hit a ground ball to the right side” or “just put it in play” or just….whatever

It’s extremely difficult to even make contact against the velo that is found on nearly every staff of relevant college baseball teams now. Not to mention that they can also throw pitches that move 2-3 feet or look the same and come in 10 mph slower. And you also have to try to lay off pitches out of the strike zone.

5. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Is it possible? Certainly. But they have a long way to go at 98 and will need a very strong finish. They can get started with a home win over A&M tonight.

Too bad they made the mistake of scheduling Youngstown State at home for a weekend series to begin the year.

Brian
    Warrennolan has their predicted RPI at 74. If they take a couple of series that they are projected to lose in/sweep a couple teams in SBC play, I could see them squeaking into the top 60.

Unfortunately Wright State isn’t having the type of season they’ve had in the past years. That was supposed to be a really good RPI series win for us.

7. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by Des for Pres View Post
    Warrennolan has their predicted RPI at 74. If they take a couple of series that they are projected to lose in/sweep a couple teams in SBC play, I could see them squeaking into the top 60.
    The predicted RPI is worthless. This is not an analytic worth considering as an evaluating factor. There are other reasons why Texas State might be able to work themselves into the RPI Top 60. Can they do it with the remaining schedule? Yes. I just think there is somewhat less than 50% chance they can win enough to do it.

Texas State playing very poorly tonight. I am afraid that the Cajuns may have put them into a tailspin.

Brian

8. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Unfortunately Wright State isn’t having the type of season they’ve had in the past years. That was supposed to be a really good RPI series win for us.
    While their lineup is decent, it is not as fearful as it has been in the past and they do not have the starting pitching they have had. They feel like somewhere between a #6 and a #8 seed in the Sun Belt. But lots of baseball still to be played.

Brian

9. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Unfortunately, SLU just walked off Southern Miss with a solo shot in the B9th.

Really bad night for the Sun Belt overall … particularly for Cajun Sun Belt opponents.

Brian

Unfortunately, SLU just walked off Southern Miss with a solo shot in the B9th.

Really bad night for the Sun Belt overall … particularly for Cajun Sun Belt opponents.

Brian
    That means we have to sweep SLU in a couple weeks

Brian
    Run-ruled by A&M tonight.

Is the pitcher behind a screen? I don't see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Is the pitcher behind a screen? I don't see one.
    I doesnt look like it i just know these are probably professional pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    This is why I laugh every time someone posts something like “just hit a ground ball to the right side” or “just put it in play” or just….whatever

It’s extremely difficult to even make contact against the velo that is found on nearly every staff of relevant college baseball teams now. Not to mention that they can also throw pitches that move 2-3 feet or look the same and come in 10 mph slower. And you also have to try to lay off pitches out of the strike zone.
    https://www.tiktok.com/@espnatbat/vi.15413996604714

I doesnt look like it i just know these are probably professional pitchers.
    No doubt. I get its a 60 foot mound, but the older I get the older I get, the older I want to get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information