Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Polls

Poll Baseball Polls

Most of the polls aren't out, but we're getting votes in the Coaches' poll. If you count through them, we're #36...
    https://sportsdata.usatoday.com/base...b/coaches-poll

2. Default Re: Baseball Polls

We are also getting them in the nbwa poll.

Default Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    We are also getting them in the nbwa poll.
    Link? The webpage I'm looking at hasn't been updated...

Amazing what a lot of winning does. We’re slowly covering up a couple early L’s that we coulda/shoulda won.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Link? The webpage I'm looking at hasn't been updated...
    https://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/...ivision-i-poll

We have some bad rpi games coming up. Ulm gonna hurt us as usual. Just win baby

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The second half of conference play will be a war. Just win and RPI wont be a factor

Coastal is still in the top 20 RPI and they just came off a 3-game series winning 2 of 3 in Monroe. Granted it was on the road, but if the Cajuns take care of business it shouldn’t have that much of a negative impact.

We have 10 of 14 schools in The top 100 RPI, The SBC is not that league anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    We have 10 of 14 schools in The top 100 RPI, The SBC is not that league anymore.
    RPI ignorance may be the worst part about college baseball season....

11. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Polls

The Cajuns' RPI will increase if the Cajuns win their games vs. ULM. It will drop modestly if the Cajuns drop a game in the series.

My concern with the Cajuns' schedule is not from an RPI perspective, as the remaining schedule is plenty good enough to land a Top 40 RPI ranking provided they win a reasonable number of games. My concern is that the Cajuns are only 0-2 in Quad 1 games without much opportunity to improve.

At present, the only remaining Quad 1 games are Coastal Carolina (3) and Georgia Southern (3) (both road series). It remains to be seen if Georgia Southern can remain a Q1 series. Maybe Louisiana Tech can get there for our road win in Ruston, but they are still 18 spots away. The home game vs. Tech will not qualify as a Q1 game. I do not see any home opportunities for Q1 games. I simply do not see Southern Miss getting there (Top 30).

This does not factor in whatever slate of games the Cajuns get in the conference tournament.

Finish as a regular season conference champion and Q1 becomes less important.

Brian

Thanks Brian! Why would the road game vs Tech potentially count as Q1, but the home won't? I guess home/away requires a different rank to be recognized as Q1?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Thanks Brian! Why would the road game vs Tech potentially count as Q1, but the home won't? I guess home/away requires a different rank to be recognized as Q1?
    quadrants are different ranges depending on home/road

14. Default Re: Baseball Polls

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    quadrants are different ranges depending on home/road
    ^^^ This

For a home game vs. Tech to count as a Q1 game, they would need to be in the RPI Top 25. For a road game vs. Tech to count as a Q1 game, they would need to be in the RPI Top 60.

This provides even more incentive to schedule quality road games (in addition to the over-compensating WP multiplier for road games).

Brian

I think if we win out we should be ok…

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information