Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: On Being UL

Default Re: On Being UL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Well, I think that North Carolina, Texas, Florida, and a number of others who are far ahead of us right now, used to be in a poor competitive situation, just like we are today. How did they turn it around?

One of the things they all did was to fund higher education, and invest in quality academics.

And I don't think anyone here is going to say they can do it, but we can't.
    North Carolina has a flat income tax, instead of a progressive tax structure. Texas and Florida no state income tax. Simple tax policies make a difference over the long term attracting corporations and higher paying jobs and retirees to your State. Louisiana's public sector culture is tax and spend, tax and spend. Higher education needs to dramatically slim down its administrative overhead to gain public support. Hopefully Gov. Landry and this legislature will be disciplined in changing the culture, simplify the State's tax structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    North Carolina has a flat income tax, instead of a progressive tax structure. Texas and Florida no state income tax. Simple tax policies make a difference over the long term attracting corporations and higher paying jobs and retirees to your State. Louisiana's public sector culture is tax and spend, tax and spend. Higher education needs to dramatically slim down its administrative overhead to gain public support. Hopefully Gov. Landry and this legislature will be disciplined in changing the culture, simplify the State's tax structure.
    Well he currently appears focused on national red meat social issues.and then repaying favors back to Cleo Fields and the trial lawyers in Louisiana, so we'll see.

Might need the Legislators themselves and the industry groups to carry him.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    CF, saw this article, thought about you. Seems TSAB is worried about their image all of a sudden.
    https://www.lsu.edu/mediacenter/news.penditures.php

Of course, you see no mention of #132.
    https://collegefootballnews.com/rank.kings-1-to-133
    $400 mil total for 8 campuses. Glad they are showing leadership. Time for them to focus on research. We’ll keep doing what we do. I’m very interested in seeing the research numbers for UL for the 2026-27 years. I expect a significant growth.
    NSF grants are already having a major impact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information