Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Softball Apathy

UL Softball Softball Apathy

I am a bit puzzled about the apparentapathy on this board as applied to our Softball team.

We have been in one or more top 25 polls just about all season. We have a win which broke a 71 game winning streak over the three time defending national Champs on their home field.

Besides OU, we have top 25 wins over Baylor and Cal. We also have games against Stanford and Texas, both in the Top 10 and Mississippi State, also in the Top 25.

Yes, we have 13 losses. OU, Stanford [2], Texas [2], Baylor [2], California and Mississippi State [2], all in the Top 25 RPI, Miami [33], Louisiana Tech [38] and Liberty [47].

No other team in the country played as tough a non conference schedule as UL and we still have 2 games left with LSU [5] and one with McNeese [37].

We are 9-0 in conference, including a 3 game road sweep of South Alabama [41], and have upcoming series with JMU [52] and Texas State [12].

This team is fun to watch, very talented and a serious National power.

Yet we can't get more than 2-4 pages on a game thread.

What's going on?

Default Re: Softball Apathy

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I am a bit puzzled about the apparentapathy on this board as applied to our Softball team.

We have been in one or more top 25 polls just about all season. We have a win which broke a 71 game winning streak over the three time defending national Champs on their home field.

Besides OU, we have top 25 wins over Baylor and Cal. We also have games against Stanford and Texas, both in the Top 10 and Mississippi State, also in the Top 25.

Yes, we have 13 losses. OU, Stanford [2], Texas [2], Baylor [2], California and Mississippi State [2], all in the Top 25 RPI, Miami [33], Louisiana Tech [38] and Liberty [47].

No other team in the country played as tough a non conference schedule as UL and we still have 2 games left with LSU [5] and one with McNeese [37].

We are 9-0 in conference, including a 3 game road sweep of South Alabama [41], and have upcoming series with JMU [52] and Texas State [12].

What's going on?
    Negativity is contagious.

Because they aren't coached by Bob Marlin?

UL baseball, NCAA tournament, Easter weekend activities etc. plus I am sure most of us were expecting a sweep over a mediocre APP team this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Because they aren't coached by Bob Marlin?
    I can confirm!
    Also did national media mention the streak breaking effort?

It’s because most people on here will only post when things are going bad. And they expect softball and baseball to win every game, yet will disparage every opponent when the Cajuns win, and then also get ____ed when tougher teams are played and more losses happen.

And a lot of it is due to a ton of people on here having zero knowledge of either game, and also never watch any other programs to see that the teams here are pretty damn good relative to the rest of the particular sport.

Wins will have a page or two….unless the teams fall behind early. Then you’ll get a couple extra pages of b1itch1ing and moaning prior to a comeback. Losses will typically generate 6+ pages of idiotic comments.

It just is what it is.

^ “he’s right you know”

I’ll say it. Quite a few on here will not support women’s sports no matter how good we are. We could be #1 in the country, as we were in the past and they just won’t turn out to support the team. Makes me SMH as someone who has supported this program for the last 40 years and have coached the sport in my younger days.

We are an elite program that needs more support than we are getting now. If you’re complaining that you can’t afford to attend a game, hit me up. I always have extra tickets.

He is right. Good post. Also Easter weekend and Cajuns baseball going for 11 in a row today might have cut into SB attention.

That thread wasn’t long either. The only ones left here are the ones who like to _____ and moan all the time. If we’re winning, there’s nothing to _____ about, so it stays relatively quiet.

What's going on?
    Bruh, it's softball. WGAF?

12. Default Re: Softball Apathy

I find softball an exciting sport. You never know what will happen. I watched the three games that were in Boone, NC. I don't think I have ever seen our team play so well. App State beat us once in each of the last two seasons. The App State team did not quit even though we dominated them, they are very good. The double plays our team made were phenomenal. I think there were eight double plays in the three games. To make double plays, the other team has to get on base. Think about that, we were not playing weaklings. We have a good team! I think we hit 7 home runs. The games are on ESPN+. In secret, anyone can watch the games and no one will know you are watching girls. But, I warn you, once you watch a game, it will capture you and you will want more.

We need more support in the stands, that's for sure!

What's going on?
    Have you been to any games to see the crowds at Lamson Park supporting this program?

I would prefer the grandstands at Lamson Park continue to be mostly filled (sold out from my understanding) than a multiple page game thread on RP filled with multiple posts from the same 10-15 die hard Cajun fans.

Louisiana Ragin’ Cajun softball support is alive and thriving.

I have been in my seats behind home plate for every home game, and. I have watched or listened to every road game.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information