Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mulkey v WaPo

Default Mulkey v WaPo

I'm no Mulkey fan, but it seems to me she may have a legitimate gripe with the Washington Post.

But I question how she's handling this. People say that you can't fight city hall. You can, it's not even that hard.

But you can't fight the media. Like her or not, Mulkey's a smart woman, and I'm surprised she hasn't figured this out.

I am reminded of a Puggy Moity comment from years ago: "I told Bennett Johnson he shouldn't debate Edwin Edwards. I told him, 'Gettin' in a debate with Edwin is like gettin' in a $#ˇ*-pitchin' fight with a fertilizer factory.' But you know ol' Bennett, you put his brains in a jaybird, it'll fly backwards."

I'm surprised Mulkey went after the red meat. She's giving them exactly what they want. She makes, I think, about $3M a year. She says she can afford to sue them.

Really? WaPo is owned by Bezos. And the calculus will be, "Will fighting the lawsuit sell more newspapers than it costs us?" If she wins, it will simply be because they don't see the profit, not because they think she's right. And if they do decide it's worth their time, she may find herself in some really deep poo-poo.

Because WaPo won't just send their lawyers. They'll send investigative reporters, too. If they find anything— and they typically do— they could end her career.

Again, she's a smart lady. I'm surprised she didn't think this through a little better.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...-griner-reese/

2. Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

Somebody needs to stand up to the media.

I just as soon it be someone from Louisiana.

On the other hand, if they defame her one bit, she may own that paper in the end.

I would love to see what a Louisiana jury would do to Mr. Bezos.

Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

Big nothing burger. But it does hit on a problem women’s sports has that isn’t seen in men’s sports. Players on the same team openly becoming couples. Brings a whole different dynamic to “team chemistry”.

Poor research, the 240k cited as a WNBA contract fails to mention that is amount for 3 years.

Aliyah Boston signed a 3 year / $233,468 contract with the Indiana Fever, including an annual average salary of $77,823. In 2024, Boston will earn a base salary of $75,792.

I’m not a CKM fan. But she’s right, she is there to coach basketball and not get caught up in what should be off the court legal personal business. And that should not come in the locker room.

The washington post loses money, doubt they would have any to pay a lawsuit. Bezos bought the paper as a tax writeoff

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    The washington post loses money, doubt they would have any to pay a lawsuit. Bezos bought the paper as a tax writeoff
    Interesting comments. I'd like to know more, you have any sources I could read?

"As first reported by NYT".... they couldnt even get their own scoop, lol

I see clark already has a state farm commercial. Will they ask lswho about that? I bet state farm has a tad bit more money than get gordon

10. Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

She may not be smart but she knows how to self-promote. From her sideline antics to her clothing choices. That whole charade at her press conference talking about the article was pure Streisand-effect stuff. I won't read the article because could not care any less. I know all I need to know about Mulkey by the company she keeps tec, Baylor, and lspoo.

Facebook never fails…

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    I see clark already has a state farm commercial. Will they ask lswho about that? I bet state farm has a tad bit more money than get gordon
    No matter how much money Iowa fans end up paying Clark, it is a bargain. Iowa sold out every game they played this year [ca 15,000 arena] at home and away. The secondary market for tickets to Iowa WBB vs Ohio State in the last regular season game was insane. Reported prices were in excess of $400/ticket.

Make no mistake, Clark is making more money NOW from NIL than she will ever earn for playing basketball. She is the most publicized player in history; only Cheryl Swoopes was even in the same universe in terms of endorsement revenue, and she didn't make nearly as much as Clark will.

Watching her against LSU, I was really reminded of Pete Maravich; she has the same long, gangly build as Pete, and her passing and shooting skills are as phenomenal as his were. All she is missing is the floppy socks.

Send her a tweet, maybe she can pick up some floppy socks on way to cleveland

14. Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

Bump... for Fun

Ironically if the wash post was after mulkey that might imply conservatism as the angst of all things WaPo. Although very Hard to believe anything associated with TSAB is conservative

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information