Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mulkey v WaPo

1. Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No matter how much money Iowa fans end up paying Clark, it is a bargain. Iowa sold out every game they played this year [ca 15,000 arena] at home and away. The secondary market for tickets to Iowa WBB vs Ohio State in the last regular season game was insane. Reported prices were in excess of $400/ticket.

Make no mistake, Clark is making more money NOW from NIL than she will ever earn for playing basketball. She is the most publicized player in history; only Cheryl Swoopes was even in the same universe in terms of endorsement revenue, and she didn't make nearly as much as Clark will.

Watching her against LSU, I was really reminded of Pete Maravich; she has the same long, gangly build as Pete, and her passing and shooting skills are as phenomenal as his were. All she is missing is the floppy socks.
    Iowa paid her nothing. That is still illegal.

She will make plenty from the same sponsors and plenty more sponsors when she is in the NBA plus she will get a salary as an NBA player.

Don’t feel sorry for her, she will be ok.

Default Re: Mulkey v WaPo

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Ironically if the wash post was after mulkey that might imply conservatism as the angst of all things WaPo. Although very Hard to believe anything associated with TSAB is conservative
    Did you lose your password to the 37 named account?

I'm sure every lawyer The Post has went over that article before it was published .

She was just blowing cat gas like she always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bump... for Fun
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Did you lose your password to the 37 named account?
    I wish i had the photographic memory skill to memorize who posts what. Send me the password ill give it a shot

Funny how nobody at espn nor any various Ragin Pagin sites asked when did yellow become a school color for U of south carolina at columbia?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Iowa paid her nothing. That is still illegal.

She will make plenty from the same sponsors and plenty more sponsors when she is in the NBA plus she will get a salary as an NBA player.

Don’t feel sorry for her, she will be ok.
    Paying nothing is now illegal? What a time to be alive

Quote Originally Posted by R1Letterman View Post
    Paying nothing is now illegal? What a time to be alive
    He means the money can not come directly from Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    He means the money can not come directly from Iowa
    Wait until you find out what is going on in Casablanca.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    No matter how much money Iowa fans end up paying Clark, it is a bargain. Iowa sold out every game they played this year [ca 15,000 arena] at home and away. The secondary market for tickets to Iowa WBB vs Ohio State in the last regular season game was insane. Reported prices were in excess of $400/ticket.

Make no mistake, Clark is making more money NOW from NIL than she will ever earn for playing basketball. She is the most publicized player in history; only Cheryl Swoopes was even in the same universe in terms of endorsement revenue, and she didn't make nearly as much as Clark will.

Watching her against LSU, I was really reminded of Pete Maravich; she has the same long, gangly build as Pete, and her passing and shooting skills are as phenomenal as his were. All she is missing is the floppy socks.
    To add to this, Clark is 22 years old and has a net worth in excess of $5,000,000. It is a safe bet that nearly all of that comes from endorsement deals while she was still playing for Iowa. It is also a safe bet that very little of that came from sponsors associated with the University Iowa's NIL Collective. Conservatively estimating her gross income during college, she was making $1,500,000 per year.

So the products are being sold by her likeness,(intent of rule) not payments to play for a certain team (what some are trying to do)

"I am just between 18 and 22, decisions i make now shouldnt affect me for the rest of my life"- students seeking student loan forgiveness and/or ignoring arrests or poor grades during job application
    "Nm if i am good at sports, i do need enough for the rest of my life"- also 18 - 22 year olds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information