Thread: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, App State 2

UL Softball SB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, App State 2

2-0. T2. Yuge crowd.

Default Re: G2 vs App

Yep. Ellestad’s going to have to buy App more glow balls. Just hit her first solo but 3rd HR of the series. 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    2-0. T2. Yuge crowd.
    Announced attendance for yesterday's game, 47.

App making it close. 3-2 to the 6th.

6-2 to the B7. Landry to close it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    No kidding.

Watching tech and Liberty. Liberty has themselves a facility. No surprise, I guess.

Back to UL. Streak goes to 84.

App sells out it's 2 money sports...I'd rather have a sold out CF and a half full Lamson...we've got no room to talk about bad attendance...and then there's this..https://appstatesports.com/news/2024...or-may-18.aspx

9. UL Softball SB: Ragin’ Cajuns Collect Series Victory in Boone

The No. 25-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team received timely hitting and continued to roll double plays on defense in capturing a 6-2 win over App State in game two of the Sun Belt Conference series on Saturday, March 29 at Sywassink/Lloyd Family Stadium in Boone, North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    App sells out it's 2 money sports...I'd rather have a sold out CF and a half full Lamson...we've got no room to talk about bad attendance...and then there's this..https://appstatesports.com/news/2024...or-may-18.aspx
    Well, do we really want to judge our success based on what schools like LSU do? We've passed LSU in research (and bigger things are coming down the pipe, so big my usual sources won't even give me hints). And let's face it, we passed them as a culture, and as a community, decades ago.

Think about how many people love UL, and love Lafayette/Acadiana. Sure, a lot of people love LSU sports, but it's not so common to find someone who loves BR, or who loves LSU itself.

Some of the schools we point to the most often, inside the 'Belt and the SEC, are sports programs first, academic institutions in their spare time.

Do we really want to neglect our inherent superiorities to become another poser university?

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

And sometimes when it looks greener, it's really just weeds and dead sod that have been turf-painted...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010OU2DZU/

Well, do we really want to judge our success based on what schools like LSU do? We've passed LSU in research (and bigger things are coming down the pipe, so big my usual sources won't even give me hints). And let's face it, we passed them as a culture, and as a community, decades ago.

Think about how many people love UL, and love Lafayette/Acadiana. Sure, a lot of people love LSU sports, but it's not so common to find someone who loves BR, or who loves LSU itself.

Some of the schools we point to the most often, inside the 'Belt and the SEC, are sports programs first, academic institutions in their spare time.

Do we really want to neglect our inherent superiorities to become another poser university?

And sometimes when it looks greener, it's really just weeds and dead sod that have been turf-painted...
    Athletics is the forefront of just about any public university. We don’t have that national reputation as an academic juggernaut. Athletics helps with that.

I’m not sure how you become this far disconnected from reality, but it’s concerning, to say the least, that people in positions of influence at UL think this way. I don’t know if I’ve ever met someone who loves BR either, but I know a bunch of people who went to UL, choose to live in Acadiana, and also choose to spend the majority of their disposable income in BR on LSU athletics, which should tell you something considering their distaste for BR.

13. Default Re: SB G2 Final: Louisiana 6, App State 2

Game two was the funnest game of the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Athletics is the forefront of just about any public university. We don’t have that national reputation as an academic juggernaut. Athletics helps with that.
    I thought about a response to you so long, that I started a new post:
    https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/325250-On-Being-UL

Thread Information