Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Football Pro Day

Default Re: Football Pro Day

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I’m curious what Leblanc ran in the 40 (if he did).

He had very good track speed in high school but it was maybe in longer distances
    Got a better answer for you after talking to a few folks.

At pro day there are in the neighborhood of 20 to 25 people there with stop watches between scouts, agents, and coaches. Talking to someone who was in the crowd that day Peter’s times ranged from 4.45 to 4.59 on the different stop watches. The way the UL coaches get an official time is they just pick 4 people randomly and use an average. So by doing that he left with an official time of 4.57. So it looks like the 4 “randomly” picked times happened to be those on the high end.

In the last 2 months working with a trainer he was timed 3 times and they were 4.48, 4.43 and 4.40.

FYI. They were in the indoor facility which is none to be somewhat of a slower track.

That is kind of a dumb way to pick the time you will use if they range that much. To me you seek out the 4 lowest times and use those. What does the university coaching staff gain by making a kid that is 4.4 into a 4.5 kid on his pro day report card? Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They were in the indoor facility which is none to be somewhat of a slower track.
    Slower compared to what? Indoor does mean no head wind to compete with, but also no tailwind?

Just a bunch of scouts, with their own stop watch, in their hand, taking their own times.
    So they didn't have FAT timing?

Then there's no telling. Stop watch from various folks can't be completely accurate for a tenth of a second, much less a hundredth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Slower compared to what? Indoor does mean no head wind to compete with, but also no tailwind?
    The indoor surface is a very old slippery turf surface from what I have been told.

Then there's no telling. Stop watch from various folks can't be completely accurate for a tenth of a second, much less a hundredth.
    All hand times by scouts, agents, coaches… Each scout can go by their own clock if they choose. The U just chooses a random 4 for an “official time” from what I was told.

Field turf vs rubber track

Got a better answer for you after talking to a few folks.

At pro day there are in the neighborhood of 20 to 25 people there with stop watches between scouts, agents, and coaches. Talking to someone who was in the crowd that day Peter’s times ranged from 4.45 to 4.59 on the different stop watches. The way the UL coaches get an official time is they just pick 4 people randomly and use an average. So by doing that he left with an official time of 4.57. So it looks like the 4 “randomly” picked times happened to be those on the high end.

In the last 2 months working with a trainer he was timed 3 times and they were 4.48, 4.43 and 4.40.

FYI. They were in the indoor facility which is none to be somewhat of a slower track.
    Thank you sir

That is an interesting methodology

Field turf vs rubber track
    Did our players previous run 40s on the UL track for Pro Day prior to the indoor complex?

I’m slightly aware of the different between field turf vs a rubber track for timed events.

Did our players previous run 40s on the UL track for Pro Day prior to the indoor complex?

I’m slightly aware of the different between field turf vs a rubber track for timed events.
    No. It would have been on the practice field grass had it not rained all that day. The indoor turf is much slicker than grass from what I have been told by people who have practiced on both over the last 4 or 5 years. Don’t use turf as a generalization when talking about how the comparisons of this indoor turf is to other surfaces. From what different players have told me the turf at the Moncla is horrible.

Even Erath high has laser time 40s lol

Thank you sir

That is an interesting methodology
    Very interesting methodology. The kid in question ran the 40 in 4.47 twice at the UL prospect camp during the summer after his Jr year in high school. They know how fast he really is. This would suggest that after 5 years of college and body maturation he got slower. Which just isn’t the case.

Speaking of pro day when is the draft? Nate will more than likely be drafted? Who will get free agent try outs? Leo punted 70 yarders in spring. Neal Johnson jr got talent maybe not the measurable’s. Kadobi rock solid and fast no great film for him. LeBlanc according to the helmet monitor the fastest kid on the field. Who’s in camps?

Very interesting methodology. The kid in question ran the 40 in 4.47 twice at the UL prospect camp during the summer after his Jr year in high school. They know how fast he really is. This would suggest that after 5 years of college and body maturation he got slower. Which just isn’t the case.
    It’s not unheard of, I got slower in college. Now a lot of that was because I wasn’t training for my best events. Instead 75% of my training went to new events I had never competed in. I never sniffed my PR in the 400 in college, but ran 48.3 in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It’s not unheard of, I got slower in college. Now a lot of that was because I wasn’t training for my best events. Instead 75% of my training went to new events I had never competed in. I never sniffed my PR in the 400 in college, but ran 48.3 in high school.
    You are correct some could get slower. Did you miss the party where he ran a 4.40 with a trainer who also worked with Colston, Henderson, Early Doucet and many more pro prospects?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information