Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Football Pro Day

NFL, NBA, MLB Football Pro Day

Saw on the news Pro Day was yesterday. Anyone hear results on times, reps, vertical jumps, broad jumps..... Do they post those results anywhere? Who participated? Who stood out?

Default Re: Football Pro Day

Nate Thomas killed it in his bench press, shuttle and positional drills. He will be drafted. 2nd best performance goes to Kibodi. He will flex as RB/WR at next level and his size, speed is very intriguing. he ran 4.5-4.6 range.

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    Nate Thomas killed it in his bench press, shuttle and positional drills. He will be drafted. 2nd best performance goes to Kibodi. He will flex as RB/WR at next level and his size, speed is very intriguing. he ran 4.5-4.6 range.
    Wonder if he will switch to guard. OT class is super deep this year.

NT will likely play guard but he can flex to Tackle if necessary. his versatility will be an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    So was Kibodi the fastest 40 out there? I saw Nate bench on X I assume he had the most reps?

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    So was Kibodi the fastest 40 out there? I saw Nate bench on X I assume he had the most reps?
    I’m curious what Leblanc ran in the 40 (if he did).

He had very good track speed in high school but it was maybe in longer distances

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

He had very good track speed in high school but it was maybe in longer distances
    His straight line speed is plenty fast enough. Scouts would be more concerned with his shuttle time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    His straight line speed is plenty fast enough. Scouts would be more concerned with his shuttle time.
    What was his shuttle time? What time are the scouts looking for?

I haven’t talked to him today but working with a speed guy for the last few months he ran 4.48 on Feb 2nd, 4.43 on Feb 9th, 4.40 on March 8th.

You got me curious too. What was his shuttle time? What’s considered a good time in scouts eyes? What’s to be concerned with? Full disclosure I am not very familiar with the shuttle and elite times.

His 40s look pretty dang good above.

What was his shuttle time? What time are the scouts looking for?
    I don’t know his shuttle time. I’m hoping that he performed above their expectations.

I don’t know his shuttle time. I’m hoping that he performed above their expectations.
    Got you. I read your comment to mean that you knew what his time was and the scouts were concerned because it wasn’t fast enough. As if maybe his shuttle time didn’t translate to what his forty times were. I misunderstood what you were saying.

Got you. I read your comment to mean that you knew what his time was and the scouts were concerned because it wasn’t fast enough. As if maybe his shuttle time didn’t translate to what his forty times were. I misunderstood what you were saying.
    Shuttle times are more important than 40 times. It’s where you show your burst and lateral quickness.

Tons and tons of WR/RBs run great 49 times, but creating separation comes from route running and the ability to cut without slowing down.

I heard from a coach he ran a 4.6 40

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I heard from a coach he ran a 4.6 40
    Curious what coach told you that? My younger brothers took him to a Pels game the night after the Pro Day and he didn’t even know what his time was because it is not announced as one official time. Just a bunch of scouts, with their own stop watch, in their hand, taking their own times. I did hear that several scouts all had different times for him from some people in attendance. If he did run a 4.6 it would be his slowest 40 since 9th - 10th grade that would be ashamed since he ran 4.40 2 weeks ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information