Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Old Dominion 0

Default Re: BB G3 vs ODU

Gave up 1 run the whole weekend. Just crazy.

Very impressed by that series sharing. Well done, Cajuns.

Pitching gave up 2 runs during this 4-0 week. 3 were low scoring close wins......about as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Gave up 1 run the whole weekend. Just crazy.

Very impressed by that series sharing. Well done, Cajuns.
    How many years has it been since we did that in a conference weekend? Have we ever done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Pitching gave up 2 runs during this 4-0 week. 3 were low scoring close wins......about as good as it gets.
    We fine tuning very well. Winning different types of games

I was about to say I don't remember a series where pitching was that good through the entire weekend.

Nice sweep for the Conference leading Cajuns. Outstanding pitching, hitting when we needed it.

Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Old Dominion 0

App State just took the series against Coastal and will have a chance at the sweep in game 2 of today's doubleheader. Looked like a real nice crowd at App's ballpark. The Belt so far this year seems to be a very competitive league top to bottom.

RPI should be in low 60's by tomorrow, moving up 50 plus in a couple weeks. If we get a healthy Lafleur soon, watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Leadoff walk goes NOWHERE. If I'm not mistaken, even if they had ruled that ball didn't hit the batter it should have been a 3-1 count. Guessing they ruled it as a foul ball since he didn't attempt to get out of the way?
    If the batter leaned into a strike, it remains a strike and he does not advance as a hit batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    5-0 week.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    We fine tuning very well. Winning different types of games
    That’s what I’m talking about. Just like a real FastCar.

We saw this week what this team is capable of if this very talented pitching staff doesn't give up free passes and the defense is solid.

Deggs does some things that I scratch my head about, but I think the way he and Gunnar have tinkered with the different roles for the pitchers is paying off. LP, Martinez & Christie can give you A LOT of quality innings out of the bullpen while giving teams totally different looks than whomever they are relieving.

Also, good to see Martinez bouncing back from the Minute Maid ordeal.

13. Default Re: BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Old Dominion 0

What’s a Gunnar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    We saw this week what this team is capable of if this very talented pitching staff doesn't give up free passes and the defense is solid.

Deggs does some things that I scratch my head about, but I think the way he and Gunnar have tinkered with the different roles for the pitchers is paying off. LP, Martinez & Christie can give you A LOT of quality innings out of the bullpen while giving teams totally different looks than whomever they are relieving.

Also, good to see Martinez bouncing back from the Minute Maid ordeal.
    One run given up in any conference weekend in unheard of. Gunner will wind up one of the best hires here in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    One run given up in any conference weekend in unheard of. Gunner will wind up one of the best hires here in a very long time.
    And the only run was on a passed ball. It could have easily been 3 straight shutouts. Wild.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information