Thread: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

1. Default History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

Hey Cajun Nation! Got sent a picture that is pretty historic to me and hopefully exciting to all the mascot fans. Below is a shirt for the UL Powerlifting team using Albineaux to show Cajun Pride! I didn’t tell them to do this, nor did they ask me first. Which is the point of the character!

This is historic because they’re the first student organization to use Al in any sort of graphic manner! God willing they are the first of many!

I really hope the UL powerlifting team sees my gratitude for embracing our guy Al and wanting to be a part of the next chapter in the University of Louisiana!

What they did is what I want everyone to do! Make Albineaux yours! Nobody needs my permission to use him as a way to show their Ragin Cajun spirit in images.

As I’ve said in previous threads, my head is down in the books right now but when I come up for air, Phase 3 will be begin. And this picture says, it may have already started! We’re going to bring Albineaux out of the forums and actually get images of him on campus, in stores, and (again God willing) all around our community. For us mascot dreamers and Albineaux believers, we’re done asking Martin Hall to hear us. This time around, they’ll follow our lead, and the FANS will be the ones to write another chapter for our identity as the University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.

2. Default Re: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

Here’s the picture.

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Re: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

I also was so inspired by them, I made made some images of a weight lifting Al that I hope will bring them joy!

Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Re: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

Curls get the Girls!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    I also was so inspired by them, I made made some images of a weight lifting Al that I hope will bring them joy!
    That 3rd pic would look cool on a red helmet with white double stripes...

Name:  facepalm-really.gif
Views: 173
Size:  425.2 KB

Geeeeeez let's please bring the BULLDOG back. This is so damn weak.

This is exciting news! Great job for taking the lead!

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Here’s the picture.
    Uh, what does the lettering say on the white ring at the top?

Awesome. Love it. Keep it up.

11. Default Re: History Made: The First Student Organization to Embrace Albineaux

For decades the Weightlifting program was located right on the Camps Swamp.

No sport has seen more alligators than Louisiana Weightlifting.

Where it was located is now the walkway from Moody straight to the Swamp.

Thread Information