Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Want to live next to Cajun Field?

1. Default Want to live next to Cajun Field?

Hey Cajun fans! I know this isn't a typical post for this board... but I thought it would be relevant considering the proximity to Cajun Field. My wife and I are selling our home in Tanglewood Subdivision. It's bittersweet because we absolutely love our house and location, especially the huge backyard. We just need a little more space and another bedroom for our growing family.

That being said, as a longtime diehard Cajun fan and alum myself, it's awesome living so close to Cajun Field. You can access Cajundome Blvd from our back gate and walk to games whenever you want and avoid parking. It's also just a great neighborhood with lots of great neighbors and active Cajun fans.

If anyone is looking for a home on this side town... please share!

https://my.flexmls.com/hundleyhomes/...are_link_modal

Attached Images Attached Images        

Default Re: Want to live next to Cajun Field?

Dude. 10 years ago, I would have bought this.

I recently viewed this listing and love the home. I’m currently living in Houston and would love to move back to Lafayette and am looking to move in your neighborhood. Unfortunately, until interest rates settle back down, I can’t make the move… I’m locked in at 2.7% where I’m at and would be foolish to take a pay cut AND increase in debt.

4. Default Re: Want to live next to Cajun Field?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dude. 10 years ago, I would have bought this.
    This is your chance to make it happen!

5. Default Re: Want to live next to Cajun Field?

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    I recently viewed this listing and love the home. I’m currently living in Houston and would love to move back to Lafayette and am looking to move in your neighborhood. Unfortunately, until interest rates settle back down, I can’t make the move… I’m locked in at 2.7% where I’m at and would be foolish to take a pay cut AND increase in debt.
    Ahh man, I hear you. Yea, we've got a great interest rate as well right now and hate to leave it... but when you've got 6 kids and only 3 bedrooms... it kinda forces your hand to find a bigger home. LOL.

That being said, we actually love the fact that our house has 2 living rooms... with the second facing the backyard and all those windows and natural light. The home feels a lot larger than 2,239 sq ft because the flow of the floorplan just makes sense. You can make a complete circle through the house with the kitchen being centralized in the middle of all entertaining spaces.

Part of me doesn't want to leave, and instead just build an addition because we have plenty of yard space to do so. But, we found a home on the market that's going to fit our family perfectly so we decided to make the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Just food for thought, I wish I would have saved the article, but I was reading a very compelling argument about the "waiting for interest rates to drop" mindset. There were several statistics that showed how asset appreciation far outweighed the interest savings. They were mostly statistics from I guess the 80s and earlier when my parents' generation had double digit interest rates. Full disclosure, I live in this neighborhood in a house that I plan to stay in until the kids are gone and I start downsizing. I also got in at 2.75%. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, factual or not. Just mentioning it because it had me thinking.

Good news for home sellers and home buyers. Real estate agents will no longer be charging their 6% fee because they can’t do to a recent court ruling. That fee can be negotiated and most probably will be more around 2% This fee used to be rolled into the house price to cover it. Hopefully this will drop the prices slightly.

Wow...a deer stand in the backyard too?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Good news for home sellers and home buyers. Real estate agents will no longer be charging their 6% fee because they can’t do to a recent court ruling. That fee can be negotiated and most probably will be more around 2% This fee used to be rolled into the house price to cover it. Hopefully this will drop the prices slightly.
    Wow, if that’s true there are going to be a lot of unemployed real estate agents around here.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Wow...a deer stand in the backyard too?
    Great location to hang the 2020 and 2021 FTBL SBC Championship Banners

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Just food for thought, I wish I would have saved the article, but I was reading a very compelling argument about the "waiting for interest rates to drop" mindset. There were several statistics that showed how asset appreciation far outweighed the interest savings. They were mostly statistics from I guess the 80s and earlier when my parents' generation had double digit interest rates. Full disclosure, I live in this neighborhood in a house that I plan to stay in until the kids are gone and I start downsizing. I also got in at 2.75%. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, factual or not. Just mentioning it because it had me thinking.
    Tanglewood represent! I lived there for almost 20 years. Great neighborhood and great location for Cajun fans

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    6% was always negotiable. Wife in real estate, she has used different rates thru the years.

Issue was the seller was setting (and paying) the comission for both sides of the transaction, because the comission is actually quartered.

There will be many leaving the field simply because it will be a hassle having buyers execute a agreement to the buyer's side on every property shown. It will probably become a negotiable part like closing costs/inspection repairs like contracts today. Not the rate, who pays it.

Just another layer of paperwork to add to the process.

I live on the other side of Cajundome BLVD in White Subdivision (Oak Lawn Heights). For me the short walk would be a selling point, unfortunately most cajun fans complain about walking across the street so they won’t see that as beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I live on the other side of Cajundome BLVD in White Subdivision (Oak Lawn Heights). For me the short walk would be a selling point, unfortunately most cajun fans complain about walking across the street so they won’t see that as beneficial.
    Frenchie's house was still on the market a week or so ago. St. Camille.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    6% was always negotiable. Wife in real estate, she has used different rates thru the years.

Issue was the seller was setting (and paying) the comission for both sides of the transaction, because the comission is actually quartered.

There will be many leaving the field simply because it will be a hassle having buyers execute a agreement to the buyer's side on every property shown. It will probably become a negotiable part like closing costs/inspection repairs like contracts today. Not the rate, who pays it.

Just another layer of paperwork to add to the process.
    Will home sellers who sold a home in the last 4 years be able to recoup some money from the class action suit settlement against the National Association of Realtors? Think I read that also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information