Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: From Louisiana Classics to All-American

1. Default Re: Golf: Cajuns Complete Play at All-American

Where is Matt Weber? Please don’t tell me we would let the Shilling connection whose father was a pretty good baseball player here get away for this?

Default Re: Golf: Cajuns Complete Play at All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Here’s the team scores link. Unfortunately been a disaster of a spring for these guys.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/...ayer&tid=28851
    At some point, we've got to look at the coach.

Default Re: Golf: Cajuns Complete Play at All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Where is Matt Weber? Please don’t tell me we would let the Shilling connection whose father was a pretty good baseball player here get away for this?
    UNO…. And yes. We let him get away.

Default Re: Golf Final: 21st at All-American

Regarding the headline…21st out of 20 or am I missing something?

5. Default Re: Golf Final: 21st at All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Regarding the headline…21st out of 20 or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

They just moved up a spot.

It was Maximilian Feistmantl that fininished 21st.

6. Default Re: Golf: Ortego Shoots Even-Par To Lead Cajuns at Louisiana Classics

What resources? Please tell me the resources UL invests in golf other than what Theo has to get himself?

Default Re: Golf: Ortego Shoots Even-Par To Lead Cajuns at Louisiana Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The practice facility and associated upgrades are fantastic. Think what people are missing is where these upgrades came from. UL isn’t giving Theo this..Theo had to go to the community and get this.

Think it’s a little simple-minded to say “look at the coach” when results aren’t there. My point is what is “UL” doing to give its coach the opportunity to be successful?

Practice facilities are a priority. So is staffing, compensation, recruiting budget, etc. These are questions the AD asks himself every year.

Don’t get me wrong..it’s been a disaster of a spring for golf. Serious questions are going to have be asked if these results continue. And one of them is what is the school doing to make sure this doesn’t continue.

8. Default Re: Golf: Ortego Shoots Even-Par To Lead Cajuns at Louisiana Classics

The practice facility and associated upgrades are fantastic. Think what people are missing is where these upgrades came from. UL isn’t giving Theo this..Theo had to go to the community and get this.

Think it’s a little simple-minded to say “look at the coach” when results aren’t there. My point is what is “UL” doing to give its coach the opportunity to be successful?

Practice facilities are a priority. So is staffing, compensation, recruiting budget, etc. These are questions the AD asks himself every year.

Don’t get me wrong..it’s been a disaster of a spring for golf. Serious questions are going to have be asked if these results continue. And one of them is what is the school doing to make sure this doesn’t continue.
    Balanced take

9. Default Re: Golf: Ortego Shoots Even-Par To Lead Cajuns at Louisiana Classics

That’s why Theo ran off the son of a very valued employee of Herb Shilling to UNO? The dad had a very good career as a Cajun baseball player.

Looks like shooting the gift horse right between the eyes.

Care to give some insight on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s why Theo ran off the son of a very valued employee of Herb Shilling to UNO? The dad had a very good career as a Cajun baseball player.

Looks like shooting the gift horse right between the eyes.

Care to give some insight on that one.
    No idea.

If a coach came in and started producing actual results and recruited kids from Louisiana, imagine the money he could raise. Imagine if we had a coach that x-players actually liked. I challenge you to find three x-players that will say they are supporting the current program! 3??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information