Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

1. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    How many small school stadiums have you been to? Lee-Hines is on par with half the Southland Conference minus the turf. Not saying the Cajuns should travel there but don't look down on a team because of their budget and facilities. Many of the SWAC schools are struggling because they don't have the 26 year old Covid player on his 6th year of eligibility. Southern lost some good juniors last season because they had already graduated. It's one thing to stay an extra year at the big school with NIL money and large staff. It's another to stay an extra year when you're also the field crew, have no NIL, & are paying your own way to be able to play. We may never see teams like Southern from 01-04 that averaged almost 40 wins a year and had 21 players drafted. The gap is widening, just like the P5/G5 gap and college sports will never be the same.
    Get off your high horse and read what I post not what you are trying to read into what Impost.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Get off your high horse and read what I post not what you are trying to read into what Impost.
    I like the view from up here on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Not good. We had to use too many arms last night in a 5-game week
    Brooks threw 41 pitches. Langevin threw 35. Christie threw 6. All of those guys will be ready to pitch Friday.

Marcotte and Hess aren’t going to pitch on the weekend.

Like I mentioned earlier, McGehee’s outing was concerning, especially after the terrible one he had over the weekend. That said, if the staff would still want to use him this weekend, he only threw 44 pitches and will be available.

You’ll likely see another 5-6 guys in short outings again tonight

4. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

It's pretty obvious that between last night and tonight every pitcher who can stay in the game will get there bull pen on the mound.

Others who will not see the mound on the weekend may also get an opportunity.

No issues being rested and strong on the weekend with this routine.

It's pretty obvious that between last night and tonight every pitcher who can stay in the game will get there bull pen on the mound.

Others who will not see the mound on the weekend may also get an opportunity.

No issues being rested and strong on the weekend with this routine.
    Bingo

6. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

It was impressive to see our resident Canadian living around 95 and in the strike zone last night.

It was impressive to see our resident Canadian living around 95 and in the strike zone last night.
    Boy he looked good last night. Southern had no chance against that velo. Deggs mentioned that he needs to have a reliever’s mindset. Get 3 outs. And if you’re out there for the next inning, get another 3 outs. Said he thinks LP was trying to pitch with a starter’s mentality. Saving some things for the next time through the order, worrying about the 4th or 5th inning in the first or second inning.

He’s a big time weapon when he’s attacking the zone and letting it fly.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Bingo
    They have at least 6 weekend bullpen arms they can use tonight in a Johnny Wholestaff type of game, and if one is on, I’m sure they can eat 2-3 innings and would be the only one not available till Saturday (at worst Sunday).

My question going forward is the weekend rotation. Is Herrmann gonna get the Fri start and Fluno Saturday?

Considering virtually every arm is walking/hitting too many guys, seem to think a bullpen Sunday is the ticket and ride one of the arms who has it going that day as long as possible.

BTW when Langevin is on, he has possibly the most unhittable stuff the Cajuns have put out there since I can remember.

9. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

If people other than us who speak fluent Cajun French could say his name, he would have the total package here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information