Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

https://youtu.be/0fCJwhhR8LA?si=5fabciACIxx0tHmE

There was a time I could quote this entire video.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I was only able to catch bits and pieces because I was at a restaurant for trivia, but even with that I felt like I saw several errors. Final line score only had them with 3. Some generous hits?
    Yeah maybe. But when they weren’t kicking/throwing it around they were throwing to the wrong base or OFers just chunking it to the mound, etc. They were just bad.

Cajuns did what they were supposed to do though. Other than one bad inning in the mound, just crush them

3. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://youtu.be/0fCJwhhR8LA?si=5fabciACIxx0tHmE

There was a time I could quote this entire video.
    Have you ever been to Southern’s stadium? The interstate literally runs almost over the first base dugout. https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadi...es-field-s1953

Ragin' Cajuns Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    So bad. At least their pitchers only walked/hit 14 batters in 6 1/3 innings to make up for it.

Gave up 7 runs to Southern…

Yeah the bats are coming around. Unfortunately the team era is climbing faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Gave up 7 runs to Southern…
    Not good. We had to use too many arms last night in a 5-game week

Team era is 4.55 and opponents batting average is .228!! A lot of free bases given up.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Have you ever been to Southern’s stadium? The interstate literally runs almost over the first base dugout. https://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadi...es-field-s1953
    That's not the interstate, it's Harding Blvd which is the access road to get onto campus. Spoke to one of the players before the season and he told me they have an entire new infield. Southern lost a good senior class last year plus many of the junior starters that had graduated. Coach Crenshaw is doing what he can with barely any budget.

We coming around... we still have things to iron out but were winning .

11. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That's not the interstate, it's Harding Blvd which is the access road to get onto campus. Spoke to one of the players before the season and he told me they have an entire new infield. Southern lost a good senior class last year plus many of the junior starters that had graduated. Coach Crenshaw is doing what he can with barely any budget.
    I was there about 10 years ago and then it was deplorable. I was truly amazed and not in the good way. I see why Louisiana and LSU would never consider a return visit. It may not be interstate but it was elevated and felt like we were almost under it. I can only attest to the perception when actually at the field.

12. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    We coming around... we still have things to iron out but were winning .
    Yes, last night we basically had to run rule them twice to get a run rule because of a bad inning. If you weren’t there you really could not appreciate that the circus switched sides and the clowns were on the home team for an inning.

My point is more one of feeling sorry for them than being critical. Last night I had a good friend and his son who very successfully played there a couple years ago as my guests. The son was proudly sporting his conference championship ring and his Louisiana attending girl friend. Me and the girl friend got the better of it.

Attendance: 2541

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I was there about 10 years ago and then it was deplorable. I was truly amazed and not in the good way. I see why Louisiana and LSU would never consider a return visit. It may not be interstate but it was elevated and felt like we were almost under it. I can only attest to the perception when actually at the field.
    How many small school stadiums have you been to? Lee-Hines is on par with half the Southland Conference minus the turf. Not saying the Cajuns should travel there but don't look down on a team because of their budget and facilities. Many of the SWAC schools are struggling because they don't have the 26 year old Covid player on his 6th year of eligibility. Southern lost some good juniors last season because they had already graduated. It's one thing to stay an extra year at the big school with NIL money and large staff. It's another to stay an extra year when you're also the field crew, have no NIL, & are paying your own way to be able to play. We may never see teams like Southern from 01-04 that averaged almost 40 wins a year and had 21 players drafted. The gap is widening, just like the P5/G5 gap and college sports will never be the same.

15. Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 17, Southern 7

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    How many small school stadiums have you been to? Lee-Hines is on par with half the Southland Conference minus the turf. Not saying the Cajuns should travel there but don't look down on a team because of their budget and facilities. Many of the SWAC schools are struggling because they don't have the 26 year old Covid player on his 6th year of eligibility. Southern lost some good juniors last season because they had already graduated. It's one thing to stay an extra year at the big school with NIL money and large staff. It's another to stay an extra year when you're also the field crew, have no NIL, & are paying your own way to be able to play. We may never see teams like Southern from 01-04 that averaged almost 40 wins a year and had 21 players drafted. The gap is widening, just like the P5/G5 gap and college sports will never be the same.
    One of my sons played D3 ball for three years and I had 2 sons who played travel ball for 8 or so years. So, many more than most.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information