Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adam T. Perry MD

1. Default Adam T. Perry MD

Passed away yesterday of a massive stroke at 49 years old. He was one of the founding partners of LOS, had a terrific bedside manner and was a great surgeon.

Dr. Perry has always been very supportive of the Lafayette community and its sports teams. While he played as an offensive lineman at LSU, he was hands on and provided sports medicine support here in Lafayette at Teurlings High School and also more importantly at Louisiana.

Dr. P was a great doctor and friend to me and my family. He performed two knee surgeries on me and three other surgeries on my family. He was also instrumental in engaging one of my sons as a PT tech at LOS Physical Therapy while he was home from PT school this summer.

Dr. P, you will be missed here in many, many ways.

2. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

So sad, so young.

Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

RIP. Shocking.

Terrible news! My prayers go out to Dr. Perry and his family.

5. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

My sister works for LOS. She said it's pretty sad in the office today.

Such terrible news. And one of those weird things in life that just don’t make sense. I just saw the man 2 weeks ago and he was in great shape. And he drops dead at 49 years old.

Prayers for his family and loved ones.

7. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Such terrible news. And one of those weird things in life that just don’t make sense. I just saw the man 2 weeks ago and he was in great shape. And he drops dead at 49 years old.

My other son drove in from Kilgore, TX, was worked out by Dr. Perry in his office this past Thursday, had an MRI Friday and was waiting on results.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Yep. This is shocking. He was in very good shape.

I dealt with him a couple of times (no surgery) and connected well with him

9. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

Wow - such a shock. Dr. Perry did my knee replacement surgery and had my final follow up visit in January.

Lourdes folks are stunned. A number of his patients awaiting knee surgery. I didn’t know him as I have to other Drs in that group. But his reputation as a Dr, a patient advocate and as a person is top drawer here. Beloved might be proper word. Just awful.

11. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

Dr. Perry gave such a good cortisone shot I always refused to get one from his PA. Limped in and floated out. It was like a miracle. At some point, however the knee gets to where there is no relief and only a replacement will help. That happened with me on one knee after years of cortisone.

I received a similar shot from Dr. Williams on my shoulder. Because of the success with my knees with the cortisone from Dr. Perry, I wanted to follow the same course with my shoulder. Dr. Williams fixed my right shoulder a little over 10 years ago and the success was great, but recovery and therapy was a beitch. Unfortunately, the shoulder is not like the knee and continued cortisone shots will result in the shoulder reducing to a condition where it would not be repairable.

12. Default Re: Adam T. Perry MD

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Passed away yesterday of a massive stroke at 49 years old. He was one of the founding partners of LOS, had a terrific bedside manner and was a great surgeon.

Dr. Perry has always been very supportive of the Lafayette community and its sports teams. While he played as an offensive lineman at LSU, he was hands on and provided sports medicine support here in Lafayette at Teurlings High School and also more importantly at Louisiana.

Dr. P was a great doctor and friend to me and my family. He performed two knee surgeries on me and three other surgeries on my family. He was also instrumental in engaging one of my sons as a PT tech at LOS Physical Therapy while he was home from PT school this summer.

Dr. P, you will be missed here in many, many ways.
    Prayers for Dr. P. as he will be missed. Welcome back CajunVic.

Terrible news. Kids went to school with mine for a long time. Great surgeon and was a solid person. RIP

I didnt know him personally but know exactly who he is through my wife. She was pretty shook up when she heard the news yesterday morning. She taught all 3 of his kids. 1 of his sons is the same age as mine. All 3 are great kids from a very good family. As many of you mentioned here, I've heard nothing but good things about him as a person and physician.

RIP Dr Perry. As the team Dr he fixed my son’s hip when a ligament detached a huge chunk of bone from it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information