Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Should probably just drop down to FCS and the southland in all other sports

2. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

I still stand by my posts. I'm one of the few on this page that was in the inner circle and had enough of the lack of accountability and productivity. Oh and I forgot to mention that my company has donated over $100k in the past 10 years. Those days are over.

3. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

After the spring sport season is over, we can look back at their seasons and see whether or not they measured up.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think Dr. Maggard is an extremely effective AD. Is he perfect? No. No one is. I don't know if there's another AD I'd prefer. Could you imagine the previous AD navigating this new era of college athletics?

Under his tutelage: created in-house ticketing ops, outbound sales team, brought in Napier and gave him the resources to take us to the pinnacle of SBC football, brand new football facility in-progress, ultra conscious of the student-athlete experience, growing admin side of athletics (more resources), many more I cannot list out because I'm just making a quick post.

Cons: fan experience at games, RCAF stagnation, MBB program interest all-time low, schism with fan-led pods

Give the new Ragin' Cajun Connection pod with Dr. Maggard a listen. Everything I listed above that he's gotten done has been part of a vision laid out by his first strategic plan. This new strategic plan (hard copies will be mailed to RCAF members and available online soon) seems to address glaring issues (i.e. growing the RCAF to 5000 members).
    Is this satire?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is this satire?
    Not satire, does have one solid point. Maggard > Farmer. Not even close. Cons are spot on, just didn’t elaborate as seems to be a requirement to some when complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think Dr. Maggard is an extremely effective AD. Is he perfect? No. No one is. I don't know if there's another AD I'd prefer. Could you imagine the previous AD navigating this new era of college athletics?

Under his tutelage: created in-house ticketing ops, outbound sales team, brought in Napier and gave him the resources to take us to the pinnacle of SBC football, brand new football facility in-progress, ultra conscious of the student-athlete experience, growing admin side of athletics (more resources), many more I cannot list out because I'm just making a quick post.

Cons: fan experience at games, RCAF stagnation, MBB program interest all-time low, schism with fan-led pods

Give the new Ragin' Cajun Connection pod with Dr. Maggard a listen. Everything I listed above that he's gotten done has been part of a vision laid out by his first strategic plan. This new strategic plan (hard copies will be mailed to RCAF members and available online soon) seems to address glaring issues (i.e. growing the RCAF to 5000 members).
    Maggard is easily the best AD we have had. However it's like Carr being top 5 saints QB all time. The bar was set so incredibly low anything looked like an improvement. He did strike gold with Napier but failed to capitalize on it or grown. Everything else was low hanging fruit that majority of D1 programs had in place a decade before.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Maggard is easily the best AD we have had. However it's like Carr being top 5 saints QB all time. The bar was set so incredibly low anything looked like an improvement. He did strike gold with Napier but failed to capitalize on it or grown. Everything else was low hanging fruit that majority of D1 programs had in place a decade before.
    You’re young. Terry Don Phillips is the AD bar. Most between TDP and BM were below Farmer’s showing or overwhelmed with other responsibilities. My biggest disappointment from all the ADs is the precursor to the RCAF, the dropping of the ball with the Ragin Cajun Club. People got on board, a few years later did the two sections at Cajun Field, and nothing else except a money grab. Should have been a simple rebranding to RCAF, but nope. Lost years.

TDP moved on pretty quick, but he showed the fans and the administration what could be. Leadership missed the boat, intentionally or not, and here we are. So what happens going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So what happens going forward?
    We will continue to raise ticket prices, look for corporate sponsorship opportunities and corporate season ticket sales. We will continue to push the fan base away by ignoring the obvious signs.

We have 2 paths we can take, IMHO we’ve already decided what that will be.

1. Corporate/Exclusive/Elite donor base, and fan support.

2. Return to being a blue collar program with organically driven fan support. Grow the fan base through student development and community integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Sure...but we didn't.

I don't think AD Maggard is the problem. I believe it's that we still have people in Martin Hall listening to the ghost of Ray Authement. Hell, we see it here. We have a poster, maybe posters, coming on here questioning why we're "so focused" on athletics.

10. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Whatever anyone here says (and if it is said here it should be considered suspect) Maggard is a good guy and wants the best for Louisiana.

If you feel otherwise, all it makes you is a traditional cheese eater. We grow plenty of those around these parts of the net.

11. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Whatever anyone here says (and if it is said here it should be considered suspect) Maggard is a good guy and wants the best for Louisiana.

If you feel otherwise, all it makes you is a traditional cheese eater. We grow plenty of those around these parts of the net.
    Maggard has been good to us.

I don’t think anyone on this board said this or even suggested this. We just question some of the methods and the lack of transparency.

13. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Maggard is a good guy.

No one has suggested otherwise.

Planting that seed of thought is disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sure...but we didn't.

I don't think AD Maggard is the problem. I believe it's that we still have people in Martin Hall listening to the ghost of Ray Authement. Hell, we see it here. We have a poster, maybe posters, coming on here questioning why we're "so focused" on athletics.
    I just find it odd Nico left and ____ went down hill fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sure...but we didn't.

I believe it's that we still have people in Martin Hall listening to the ghost of Ray Authement.

Think this is very true. Probably based in the old Huey Long mindset, "know your place", and deathly afraid to do otherwise.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information