Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Yep. Football is trending the exact same way.
    Here is some perspective..... arguably the most successful college football coach in history just walked away because of everything that is going on. When Nick Saban gives up you certainly have to wonder if it is worth it. I predict five years from now that major college athletics is vastly different from what it is today. I doubt it will be a good thing for many but hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Here is some perspective..... arguably the most successful college football coach in history just walked away because of everything that is going on. When Nick Saban gives up you certainly have to wonder if it is worth it. I predict five years from now that major college athletics is vastly different from what it is today. I doubt it will be a good thing for many but hope I am wrong.
    We'll end up with about 30 schools with the financial support (private) to continue the college football tradition and there will be 250+ other schools that will end up being a shell of any former success or glory attained in the past. I'm even having second thoughts on my continued support of our athletics dept. and as a former scholarship player, that's not an easy statement to make.

3. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

If we gave Glasgow the resources we gave Napier, we might actually have a championship contending softball team

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We'll end up with about 30 schools with the financial support (private) to continue the college football tradition and there will be 250+ other schools that will end up being a shell of any former success or glory attained in the past. I'm even having second thoughts on my continued support of our athletics dept. and as a former scholarship player, that's not an easy statement to make.
    Greed has ruined college sports. It needs to collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    definitely something to it, but lets not act like Saban walked away a spry young age of 43 or 53. He is 73 years old. Again, i think he still has gas left in the tank, but its not common for someone to coach into their 70's anymore. its turning into a young mans game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    definitely something to it, but lets not act like Saban walked away a spry young age of 43 or 53. He is 73 years old. Again, i think he still has gas left in the tank, but its not common for someone to coach into their 70's anymore. its turning into a young mans game.
    I think it was easier for him to lay the blame on NIL and transfer issues rather than saying he was too old to coach or ready to retire due to age.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Greed has ruined college sports. It needs to collapse.
    Greed has ruined the world my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The way his dad was attacking fans on Twitter, this one is not a big surprise although I wish he would have stayed
    Bye daddy. I always wondered how EP’s dad and the NBA got along.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The way his dad was attacking fans on Twitter, this one is not a big surprise although I wish he would have stayed
    When did this happen? I checked his twitter profile and don’t see anything like this.

There was a little back and forth with Jay Walker when he was expressing disappointment in the all conference selections

10. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Greed has ruined the world my friend.
    checkmate

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    When did this happen? I checked his twitter profile and don’t see anything like this.

There was a little back and forth with Jay Walker when he was expressing disappointment in the all conference selections
    I've never seen him attack fans. He practically begs fans to show up.

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Joe’s dad is actually really chill. There were “Carencro Joe” wristbands he made to show the JC’s appreciation for our support during the season, and he handed them out at the last home game. I missed the game, and I saw someone on Twitter had one. I asked how he got it and within 15 minutes, JC Sr. reached out and said he’d give Joe Jr. a wristband to give to me.

It’s easy to see where Joe Jr. got his loyalty from. I guess the only reason he’s transferring is because the program is no longer loyal to him.

Everyone wants to better their situation. Let's face it. What more could Joe accomplish that he hasn't already with the Cajuns?

He has one year left. Hopefully he makes the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    What more could Joe accomplish that he hasn't already with the Cajuns?
    All BS aside, more money is the answer. Flat out cold, hard cash. Not faulting him at all, it’s today’s game.

15. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    Joe’s dad is actually really chill. There were “Carencro Joe” wristbands he made to show the JC’s appreciation for our support during the season, and he handed them out at the last home game. I missed the game, and I saw someone on Twitter had one. I asked how he got it and within 15 minutes, JC Sr. reached out and said he’d give Joe Jr. a wristband to give to me.

It’s easy to see where Joe Jr. got his loyalty from. I guess the only reason he’s transferring is because the program is no longer loyal to him.
    Love Joe and love what he has done for the university. Just wanted to point out that he chose to sit out his senior year at CHS.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information