Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You also forgot the departure of Blake Butler who was a heavy contributor off the bench that left after 15 games. I think that Brandon Hardy is going to make a big time leap next season for the Cajuns. I also think their will be at least one surprise addition as a transfer that will help tremendously. I think you will see a very different looking team next year vs this year as it will be much more of a physical team rather than a 3 point/finesse team. I said it earlier in the season, I think the biggest weakness for this team was the physicality of the team that was lacking. I don't know if this team will be good or bad next year, but I do know it will not be the same make up as we saw in 23/24 season. Kitenge is going to have some help down low, with a true rebounder/defender. Hardy will move into a starters role and I think will be much more physical than our current roster of guards. MT will assume the duties of PG and should have taken that role from Fulks much earlier in the season. The guys on the current roster that will need to make strides this offseason are Chancellor White, Brandon Hardy, Kyren Ratliff and London Fields. I also think that you will see a big-time freshman contribution from Jeremiah Evans. Evans, Kitenge and the transfer (if this happens) and Ratliff will give us a huge interior presence vs what we had this year.
    What big are you hearing about Dave? Some good ones in the portal.

2. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You either think he is going to improve the program or you don't care if he does or not.

That is < than an agenda.
    You don’t think the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools suffer from the same issues?

3. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

The massive turnover in the Marlin era has been going on (for going on) 15 years.

I don't think that cuts him some slack just because the current landscape has caught up with his system.
    Do you have numbers for this or is it just conjecture?

You also forgot the departure of Blake Butler who was a heavy contributor off the bench that left after 15 games. I think that Brandon Hardy is going to make a big time leap next season for the Cajuns. I also think their will be at least one surprise addition as a transfer that will help tremendously. I think you will see a very different looking team next year vs this year as it will be much more of a physical team rather than a 3 point/finesse team. I said it earlier in the season, I think the biggest weakness for this team was the physicality of the team that was lacking. I don't know if this team will be good or bad next year, but I do know it will not be the same make up as we saw in 23/24 season. Kitenge is going to have some help down low, with a true rebounder/defender. Hardy will move into a starters role and I think will be much more physical than our current roster of guards. MT will assume the duties of PG and should have taken that role from Fulks much earlier in the season. The guys on the current roster that will need to make strides this offseason are Chancellor White, Brandon Hardy, Kyren Ratliff and London Fields. I also think that you will see a big-time freshman contribution from Jeremiah Evans. Evans, Kitenge and the transfer (if this happens) and Ratliff will give us a huge interior presence vs what we had this year.
    I thought Chancellor White was gone already?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I thought Chancellor White was gone already?
    Why did you think that?

6. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You don’t think the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools suffer from the same issues?
    They do now.

The difference now is it has been artificially induced.

Before the portal, before NIL, from the beginning of his time at UL, Marlin had trouble holding on to players.

Moreso than the average of "the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools."

On average only the one-and-done NBA departure schools had more, yes a lot more.

With the portal, with NIL, "the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools" have caught up and it is universal probem.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Why did you think that?
    Because I thought I read he had transferred out.

And Hardy will leave if he has a big year unless UL has a strong NIL program across the board. All these players are chasing money, it’s the game today. Coaching is changing, don’t envy anyone in college athletics today.

9. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Was a mid season departure about the money?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I’m not sure why several folks are surprised at this turnover once again.

I want Marlin replaced as well, but keep in mind, the next coach WILL face this same annual issue.
    Awesome! Can't wait to see how our next coach handles it. Cause this one surely sucks at it, and it's not improving. Let us not take our focus off this dead program and who's been at the helm for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And Hardy will leave if he has a big year unless UL has a strong NIL program across the board. All these players are chasing money, it’s the game today. Coaching is changing, don’t envy anyone in college athletics today.
    And how much money are these other mid level G5 schools raising? Are we like the Sisters of the poor compared to the rest of them? A guy like Julien is not going to Memphis. He's going to go to some other mid level G5 program. How much more money will they have to offer him? Are they more active in going out into the community and raising those funds?

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

They do now.

The difference now is it has been artificially induced.

Before the portal, before NIL, from the beginning of his time at UL, Marlin had trouble holding on to players.

Moreso than the average of "the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools."

On average only the one-and-done NBA departure schools had more, yes a lot more.

With the portal, with NIL, "the other 250 or so similarly situated P5 and G5 schools" have caught up and it is universal probem.
    Do you have statistics on this or is it self serving conjecture?

Was a mid season departure about the money?
    Never know unless made public. But that never stops speculation and agendas.

14. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

From the start 2011 roster:

Darnell Jackson, 1-Year early departure
    J.J. Thomas 2-years early departrure
    Kentwan Smith 1-year early departure
    Raymone Andrews, 2-years early departure
    Coleby Kadeem, 1-year early departure
    Kevin Brown, 2-years early departure

You obviously have not followed UL basketball

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information