Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I’ve tried to stay out of any basketball discussion because so many people on this board are insufferable.

I get it. You want Marlin gone. Why do you continue to post it day after day? Why do you continue to drag on the program day after day?

If you truly want a coach gone, have to pull the plug and go silent on anything basketball related. Fans of the program who want him to leave have made the statement with lack of attendance, particularly this year.

UL’s response appears to be it’s primarily due to Ticketmaster. If the attendance doesn’t increase next year, then they might actually admit a change is necessary.

Will they do it? I doubt it as UL typically can’t raise the $$ to eat a contract. But, in the meantime, for the love of everything holy, please stop with the fire the coach daily babbling.

Also, UL was most certainly a basketball school. I don’t know how that’s even up for debate.
    So, you tried to stay away from the basketball discussion but couldn't huh? You had to enter the "echo chamber" and call out posters. As with all of these other posts, yours did nothing to help the program. But yet you felt the need to complain about the complainers. lol

SiD did make 1 very good point.... posting the same anti Marlin stuff day after day, for some it's literally several dozen times in any mens basketball thread.....it's an absolute beat down for old fartts like me. I think Marlin should be gone and would happily pay his buyout if I had the funds......Until that happens he is ours, we need to learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    SiD did make 1 very good point.... posting the same anti Marlin stuff day after day, for some it's literally several dozen times in any mens basketball thread.....it's an absolute beat down for old fartts like me. I think Marlin should be gone and would happily pay his buyout if I had the funds......Until that happens he is ours, we need to learn to live with it.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with the buyout. It could be donated tomorrow and nothing would be done.

As long as I'm a paying customer, I'm gonna speak my mind. As long as people are running out excuses for Marlin's failures (basketball is dead in the South, NIL, injuries, the refs, transfer portal, well who are we gonna get that's any better, we are everyone's Super Bowl, it's a near impossibility to win on the road, lack of charter flights, etc. etc.), I'll be here to throw my 2 cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Until that happens he is ours, we need to learn to live with it.

If the overwhelming majority of your fans want the coach gone, and nothing happens, why bother giving them money? Why bother supporting them at all?

5. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So, you tried to stay away from the basketball discussion but couldn't huh? You had to enter the "echo chamber" and call out posters. As with all of these other posts, yours did nothing to help the program. But yet you felt the need to complain about the complainers. lol
    Except that the title of the thread is 'Basketball transfer portal' where one might reasonably expect conversation of, you know, basketball transfer portal info, but instead it is overwhelmingly the same rehashed BS. I get that some people feel the need to have their views echoed OVER and OVER again, and I do understand the physiological need some of you have but man it is tiresome.

Gosh, it’s great traffic for RP. That’s the only positive on the Bob-a-thon.

There May not be anyone to support on the team left at this rate if we don’t get some transfers in bound.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Has absolutely nothing to do with the buyout. It could be donated tomorrow and nothing would be done.

As long as I'm a paying customer, I'm gonna speak my mind. As long as people are running out excuses for Marlin's failures (basketball is dead in the South, NIL, injuries, the refs, transfer portal, well who are we gonna get that's any better, we are everyone's Super Bowl, it's a near impossibility to win on the road, lack of charter flights, etc. etc.), I'll be here to throw my 2 cents in.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Because it is an echo chamber where low info 'fans' get to have their feelings reinforced by the hive mind. I have never seen so many fans 'done' with a program feel the need to constantly let others know how 'done' they are. It's like vegans. They feel the need to let EVERYONE know their dietary habits.
    Cope harder

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post

Mark few: lowest win total in over 10 years, 3rd straight year with a shorter postseason run than previous best.... surprised gonzaga pagin is not calling for his head

Of all the teams in the Elite Eight, only Duke has had all of their starters begin their college career at their current school. Looks like zero starters at NC State and only one at Alabama began their careers at the current school. Portal and NIL will make situation more volatile.

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    So they are raising prices with no demand. Hmmmm.
    Evidently

13. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Ecaxtly.

A fellow fan told me at the start of baseball season that, in a conversation with Maggard, he suggested to him that maybe the University was charging too much for RV spots… since we went from sold out with a waiting list to only 20% sold. He said Maggard paused a bit, then said… “I think we’re not charging enough.”

Could anything make the point better than this?
    He meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    He meant it.
    I am inclined to conclude that there is ZERO concern for fans. And, unfortunately, it becomes more and more evident with each passing year.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information