Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You missed a world of basketball after that.

The Cajundome wasn't built because concerts were selling out. Actually they were but they didn't build the CajunDome, Basketball did.
    I’m chuckling inside watching TSAB about to make that same mistake with the PMAC replacement a LSU (state)/BR city government partnership.

Once we get our NIL fundraising up to the level of McNeese, I'll take these arguments seriously. Until then I'll just keep laughing at every justification people throw out for why Bob should continue to be employed. Oh how can we expect to compete when guys like Jordan Brown are too expensive to keep? We finished in 8th place in a mediocre league with him HERE.

3. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    source
    l'a vécu

Try to think more positively, Louisiana basketball really had something going for itself, it was a basketball school for sure.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Once we get our NIL fundraising up to the level of McNeese, I'll take these arguments seriously. Until then I'll just keep laughing at every justification people throw out for why Bob should continue to be employed. Oh how can we expect to compete when guys like Jordan Brown are too expensive to keep? We finished in 8th place in a mediocre league with him HERE.
    It’s just another goalpost move to justify mediocrity. A few years ago, we couldn’t win because “basketball wasn’t popular in the south.” Now, it’s all because of NIL.

Maybe people aren’t giving to NIL for our basketball program because they don’t believe in the product we are currently putting on the court. McNeese is currently fundraising better than us.

I’ve tried to stay out of any basketball discussion because so many people on this board are insufferable.

I get it. You want Marlin gone. Why do you continue to post it day after day? Why do you continue to drag on the program day after day?

If you truly want a coach gone, have to pull the plug and go silent on anything basketball related. Fans of the program who want him to leave have made the statement with lack of attendance, particularly this year.

UL’s response appears to be it’s primarily due to Ticketmaster. If the attendance doesn’t increase next year, then they might actually admit a change is necessary.

Will they do it? I doubt it as UL typically can’t raise the $$ to eat a contract. But, in the meantime, for the love of everything holy, please stop with the fire the coach daily babbling.

Also, UL was most certainly a basketball school. I don’t know how that’s even up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    UL’s response appears to be it’s primarily due to Ticketmaster. If the attendance doesn’t increase next year, then they might actually admit a change is necessary.
    Ticketmaster has always been there. If they’re using that as an excuse, then that’s intentional blindness.

I’ve tried to stay out of any basketball discussion because so many people on this board are insufferable.

I get it. You want Marlin gone. Why do you continue to post it day after day? Why do you continue to drag on the program day after day?

If you truly want a coach gone, have to pull the plug and go silent on anything basketball related. Fans of the program who want him to leave have made the statement with lack of attendance, particularly this year.

Will they do it? I doubt it as UL typically can’t raise the $$ to eat a contract. But, in the meantime, for the love of everything holy, please stop with the fire the coach daily babbling.

Also, UL was most certainly a basketball school. I don’t know how that’s even up for debate.
    Dude we averaged less than 15% capacity in our own arena.

8. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Because it is an echo chamber where low info 'fans' get to have their feelings reinforced by the hive mind. I have never seen so many fans 'done' with a program feel the need to constantly let others know how 'done' they are. It's like vegans. They feel the need to let EVERYONE know their dietary habits.

Sold about 800 season tickets last year. This admin doesn’t respond to empty arenas. I’m in the empty arena with them every game. It’s kinda funny watching these geniuses just sit there with their arms folded like, “I don’t know why the people aren’t here. We give them the winningest coach in SBC history? Won’t show. $1,000 courtside club? Won’t show.”

I’ve been told many times I should pull my money. Stop talking about it, etc. My only response is that Cajuns basketball was my first draw to this program. When I give that up, I’m giving it all up. RCAF, parking passes, basketball tickets, football tickets, baseball tickets. Get out of here with the lame buyout excuse. His buyout was as low as it was ever gonna be after the 8th place finish in 21-22. Chose to extend him and play make believe he had a 75% winning percentage.

Don’t like reading about people wanting Bob gone? Simple solution. Keep scrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Because it is an echo chamber where low info 'fans' get to have their feelings reinforced by the hive mind. I have never seen so many fans 'done' with a program feel the need to constantly let others know how 'done' they are. It's like vegans. They feel the need to let EVERYONE know their dietary habits.
    Good. I hope they say it even more. This “shut up and donate” model we use doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    . I have never seen so many fans 'done' with a program feel the need to constantly let others know how 'done' they are. It's like vegans. They feel the need to let EVERYONE know their dietary habits..
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Sold about 800 season tickets last year. This admin doesn’t respond to empty arenas.
    Normally your big donors will start to demand results for their money. Ours are apparently fine with having a nice seat and a tax write-off... oh and if you can create a couple of exclusive events that only they can attend, that's all the better

This board is some of your most diehard fans. If you're seeing "more people than ever" who have given up on the program, then imagine how many not-so-diehards have completely written UL off. Those people aren't coming back -- Marlin or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Wrong, we should be a basketball school and it would fund our athletic department
    Honestly at this point we should put all our resources in softball/baseball, everything else is a fool’s game the way collegiate athletics is setup currently.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    source
    You're asking for a source to an opinion? That's rich

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information