Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfer portal

Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We'll end up with about 30 schools with the financial support (private) to continue the college football tradition and there will be 250+ other schools that will end up being a shell of any former success or glory attained in the past. I'm even having second thoughts on my continued support of our athletics dept. and as a former scholarship player, that's not an easy statement to make.
    the 250+ schools need to band together and save college sports. It's the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    Joe’s dad is actually really chill. There were “Carencro Joe” wristbands he made to show the JC’s appreciation for our support during the season, and he handed them out at the last home game. I missed the game, and I saw someone on Twitter had one. I asked how he got it and within 15 minutes, JC Sr. reached out and said he’d give Joe Jr. a wristband to give to me.

It’s easy to see where Joe Jr. got his loyalty from. I guess the only reason he’s transferring is because the program is no longer loyal to him.
    How is the program not loyal to him?

Real shocker here. *hard eye roll Can't understand why any player would want to leave a program on such a meteoric rise.

4. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

You guys need to take a chill pill! Me and Bob are relaxing at our condo in Florida and having some us time. The program will have players leave and some will come aboard. Bob is excited about next season!

At this point I don't even know how we afford his salary. We sold less than 1000 season tickets last year and will sell even less this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    At this point I don't even know how we afford his salary. We sold less than 1000 season tickets last year and will sell even less this year
    What do you mean “at this point”. We haven’t been able to afford his salary since his first extension. Hudspeth and footballs success floated that.

7. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    What do you mean “at this point”. We haven’t been able to afford his salary since his first extension. Hudspeth and footballs success floated that.
    Pretty sure no sport at Louisiana has ever floated itself, much less another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Same way we let free admission happen with women’s sports except softball. Kind of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Pretty sure no sport at Louisiana has ever floated itself, much less another sport.
    I’m pretty sure baseball and softball have operated in the black.

Make the NCAA Tournament every other year and it would pay for itself.

10. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’m pretty sure baseball and softball have operated in the black.

Make the NCAA Tournament every other year and it would pay for itself.
    If I were you, I would check on that before you do any wagering on your sureness. Especially since your first cover was football and that never happened.

And yea, make it every other year like the 250 other teams discussed above.

Dreaming is allowed, just not expected to be believed.

11. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If I were you, I would check on that before you do any wagering on your sureness. Especially since your first cover was football and that never happened.

And yea, make it every other year like the 250 other teams discussed above.

Dreaming is allowed, just not expected to be believed.
    In the black or not, baseball and softball are by far the most self supporting sports at Louisiana.

12. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In the black or not, baseball and softball are by far the most self supporting sports at Louisiana.
    Agreed. But that is a totally different assertion. If one attends basketball games, they would see that there is a lot of black. Seats, uniforms, cajun's gear, players, lots of black in the operations of our basketball program.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is somewhat of an overreaction. Many of the teams in the SBC are losing their best players. Once their season’s end, App and JMU are likely to suffer the same fate. Not just an issue in the Sun Belt. Happening in spades throughout the country. As far as we’re concerned, I have no clue who else leaves other than Fulks. Nothing would surprise me at this stage.
    I'm not as concerned about just the losses as I am about actually getting guys to come here. Sure, we've done OK in the last couple of years but we've got 3 guys on the roster not ready to contribute at this level and have now lost 2 starters from this year's team. To say this is concerning is an understatement.

14. Default Re: Basketball transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not as concerned about just the losses as I am about actually getting guys to come here. Sure, we've done OK in the last couple of years but we've got 3 guys on the roster not ready to contribute at this level and have now lost 2 starters from this year's team. To say this is concerning is an understatement.
    This is generally the picture of virtually every college basketball team in the NCAA.

We don't have a lock on any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think it was easier for him to lay the blame on NIL and transfer issues rather than saying he was too old to coach or ready to retire due to age.
    I don't think he felt he was too old to coach. In his recent interviews before congress and other media he mentioned how bad of a situation it was and that the focus from personal and skill development went to how much money you were paying guys to stay.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information